.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sundries
...a sweatshop of moxie

Friday, September 29, 2006

Girlie

I recently mentioned in the comments that, however black-and-white clotheshorse I may be, I have a fondness for all things pink.

Not just any old pink either, but pink with a vengeance, as my mother calls my hotcha mama laptop cover.



Bite me, that's so purrrttttty!

See, in the modern age, we women are bombarded with gadgets, which are the male version of accessories.

But you know, that may be an overly simplistic, and indeed sexist way of looking at the world.

Who's to say that men can't love tie pins like JFK's PT-109 keepsakes, or drawerfuls of handkerchiefs, or indeed, a shoe rack which would pale in comparison to all 6 or 7 of mine?

And who's to say that I can't covet gadgets and electronic geegaws until my fingers bleed from looking them up on eBay? Hmm, hmm?

Fortunately, my digits might be spared more mauling now that I have found THE ULTIMATE WOMAN TREASURE TROVE OF SHINY PRETTY GADGET STUFF ON THE INTERNET.

Shiny Shiny.

Just LOOK at this Snoopy mouse collection, still only available in Japan, especially the pink one!



I think I'm in love.

ScarlettSusi, the authoress of the Shiny Shiny website, pulled out the definitive quote on the matter:

"When you're tired of Hello Kitty, you're tired of life, as Oscar Wilde once said."

8 Comments:

  • Ah, check out this site for girlie tech needs!

    http://www.popgadget.net/

    By Blogger Ron, at Fri Sep 29, 07:34:00 pm GMT-4  

  • http://www.popgadget.net/

    Thanks for the tip, Ron! I love that site, too.

    You know, maybe Shiny Shiny scared off potential readers, because it doesn't seem to be making much of an impact, conversationally.

    Looking at the site closer, I can see why.

    This is just weird. I mean, even Giada would think so.

    This is freaky. Although what's really freaky is that I can see me getting it...

    And this is a plain just WTF'er if ever I saw one. Even if it IS a hotcha mama pink.

    No. BECAUSE it is a hotcha mama pink.

    Cheers,
    Victoria

    By Blogger vbspurs, at Sat Sep 30, 01:33:00 am GMT-4  

  • You know, maybe Shiny Shiny scared off potential readers, because it doesn't seem to be making much of an impact, conversationally

    Ya think? :>

    Don't tell Rantburg I peeked.

    By Blogger half, at Sat Sep 30, 04:49:00 am GMT-4  

  • Nothin' says love like the hot pink Razr v.3.0 which Mr. Charming gave me for my birthday.

    That and the pale pinky-lavender leather satchel for it.

    By Blogger Ruth Anne Adams, at Sat Sep 30, 11:57:00 am GMT-4  

  • Don't tell Rantburg I peeked.

    Okay. I'm telling Little Green Footballs.

    Cheers,
    Victoria

    By Blogger vbspurs, at Sat Sep 30, 12:11:00 pm GMT-4  

  • Nothin' says love like the hot pink Razr v.3.0 which Mr. Charming gave me for my birthday.

    Mmmm!

    Not that I would ever get the Razr since my Mr. Charming (or at least, Mr. Congenial) told me they're a piece of crap.

    Flimsy, more than a bad phone.

    How are they, in fact?

    That and the pale pinky-lavender leather satchel for it.

    OMG! Me Jealous!

    Cheers,
    Victoria

    By Blogger vbspurs, at Sat Sep 30, 12:12:00 pm GMT-4  

  • It's awesome. Girly-girls don't need those macho tuff-talkers. We can handle our cellies.

    By Blogger Ruth Anne Adams, at Sat Sep 30, 02:50:00 pm GMT-4  

  • They're nice, but they're all in girlie colors! Nertz!

    By Blogger benning, at Sun Oct 01, 09:00:00 pm GMT-4  

Post a Comment

Who linked Here:

Create a Link

<< Home


 




Advertise on blogs
British Expat Blog Directory.