.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

...a sweatshop of moxie

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Go Canes!!

Ahh, September in America.

You know what that means, right?

It means, after the frivolities of summer, of the beach volleyball parties, of the Coppertone coconut smells, of the summer family getaways lasting 10 hours straight, it finally means -- FOOTBALL!

And if you're a big college town, as Miami undoubtedly is, this means, COLLEGE FOOTBALL!

Unfortunately, I couldn't be at the Big Game tonight, at the Orange Bowl. But as I was passing by the University of Miami today, I did get a taste of the insane fun that an UM v. FSU matchup means to us.

Look at these Cane Crazies below, showing their school pride on our elevated subway, Metrorail.

The guy wearing the C waved and threw kisses at me, as I stopped at the red light. We're hooking up after the game.

Wherever you went, around 3 in the afternoon today, you saw the hugest University of Miami "hurricane" flags, showing off their school spirit.

Now, some of you who may be FSU or Gators, may find these photographs insulting.

Fortunately, I include in the same shot, a guy in a huge 4x4 showing off his "Cuban Pride" sticker. VAMOS CUBANITO!

Finally, this is why I wasn't able to be at the Big Game in person, tonight.

Because we're having primarily elections on Tuesday, 5 September.

And guess what? I'm doing my civic duty, and being a pollworker from 5 AM to 10 PM Tuesday.

Why so long? 'Cause I'm the Clerk, that's why.

And I hope, a Happy Hurricane, though things are looking tight at the moment.


UPDATE: "They" hadn't won at the OB since 1978. Oh well. Them's the breaks.


  • Phooey! Stinkin' Seminoles!
    I dislike them and their horrendous chant.

    I'd vote just to say hi to you. Heck, I might try it today just to get a smile and thrown out by you.

    No doubt your multilingual abilities are much sought after, among other things :)

    By Anonymous Paul, at Tue Sep 05, 04:34:00 am GMT-4  

  • It is with great regret that I report that this end of Florida show abundant signs of rejoicing.

    By Blogger I R A Darth Aggie, at Tue Sep 05, 10:07:00 am GMT-4  

  • "The guy wearing the C waved and threw kisses at me, as I stopped at the red light. We're hooking up after the game..."

    If I only knew that's all it took... Hey, I've been doing that all along! NOT FAIR! Maybe if I changed my name to "Darryl"?

    By Anonymous Darrell, at Tue Sep 05, 01:54:00 pm GMT-4  

  • Where, is all the massive support usually reserved for and heaped upon this young lady when times are bad???

    Her Can's bit the dust, sympathy, give her some. Because after tonight, we'll be lucky if she doesn't dump us all and run off with that, dark mysterious muchacho (is that right?) to Brazil or Portugal when my World Champion Steelers disembowel, methodically, her beloved Dolphins.

    Where are your hearts?? Help her!

    By Anonymous Paul, at Thu Sep 07, 01:03:00 pm GMT-4  

  • Can's, Cane's, what's the difference?

    By Anonymous Paul, at Thu Sep 07, 01:05:00 pm GMT-4  

  • I'm not gonna say anything(28-17)being a good sport(we won)I'm certainly not going to rub it(still Champs)in. I'll just say the Fins(need practice)played a hell of a game(high school)and looked pretty good. They should easily(fat chance)take their division.
    I'm a Dolphin(out of pity)fan the rest of the season(God help them)and know they are going to do well.
    Good(they'll need it)Luck!

    By Anonymous Paul, at Fri Sep 08, 12:27:00 am GMT-4  

Post a Comment

Who linked Here:

Create a Link

<< Home


Advertise on blogs
British Expat Blog Directory.