.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sundries
...a sweatshop of moxie

Saturday, December 16, 2006

Happy National Chocolate Covered Anything Day!

The things you find on the internet.

There I was, browsing a site for Cluedo tips (known as the board game, "Clue", in North America -- yeah, I know, but I just got the PC version and wanted to know the cheats, clever thing), when I pounced on this little calender add-on gem.

Once installed, it will remind you not only of important dates, birthdays, bank holidays and the like, but it enlightens us about the lesser known holidays, which we might otherwise miss.

Like say, today. Did you know that:

Saturday, December 16th 2006 is National Chocolate Covered Anything Day?!

I'd be very nervous about you, if you did. I'm not sure who or what instituted this holiday, but it enjoins us to,

"Find something, cover it in chocolate, and eat it."

Oh, the possibilities. I can think of many, many things, objects and indeed, persons I'd like to smother in chocolate, and I'm sure many other pervs can too.

There is the rather pedestrian chocolate-covered strawberry.





There is an inside joke about this, which some of you know, and some of you just will never ever know. Tant pis.

Then there is the literal version, for those less intrepid amongst you.





The chocolate-covered puff.

There's a joke in there somewhere, Mr. Humphreys.

Those of you who are parents don't need some obscure holiday to celebrate Cover Anything in Chocolate Day.





Story of your life.

Chances are some overworked mum decided to smother her hubby and kiddies one day, seen below.





Yikes. Seems like Susan Smith territory to me.

And it just reminds you of the fun times you had when you were single men and women, when this tasty morsel could be reality.





Well, for a price, anyway.

Finally, the really outré amongst you, the ones who are one step away from African chocolate-covered ant and cricket delicacies, there's this yummy treat with which to practise.





Chocolate-covered bacon.

Somehow, just somehow, this strikes me as being the creation of Glaswegians. They of the Deep Fried Mars Bars treats. (January 14th)

So now you know -- go out today and cover stuff with chocolate.

Now where did I put my manger display?

6 Comments:

  • By Blogger JSU, at Sat Dec 16, 01:12:00 am GMT-5  

  • Totally worth it.

    Nice! Even though I went to school with one of the Lindt-Sprüngli gals.

    However, and believe me, this has caused me personal pain, I'm not much for chocolate.

    Don't hate me.

    Cheers,
    Victoria

    By Blogger vbspurs, at Sat Dec 16, 01:29:00 am GMT-5  

  • Chocolate-dipped bacon is apparently an Ukrainian delicacy too. Well, maybe not exactly bacon, at least not in the thin strip form that is common in the States. The wedding-cake like structure on the photos is a chocolate fountain they use for dipping.

    By Anonymous Elko, at Sat Dec 16, 01:53:00 am GMT-5  

  • Totally OT, but a movie query for the movie watcher...

    Is "The Good German" just a piece of junk, or in fact a Leverkühnian attempt to un-make "Casablanca" (for being insufficiently left-wing)?

    By Blogger JSU, at Sun Dec 17, 01:40:00 am GMT-5  

  • Ewwwwwwww, Elko! Raw bacon and chocolate.

    Those Ukes are crazy.

    The wedding-cake like structure on the photos is a chocolate fountain they use for dipping.

    Sure! Haven't you ever seen them in the US? I have, and not just in department stores, restaurants and the like.

    Cheers,
    Victoria

    By Blogger vbspurs, at Sun Dec 17, 03:55:00 am GMT-5  

  • Is "The Good German" just a piece of junk, or in fact a Leverkühnian attempt to un-make "Casablanca" (for being insufficiently left-wing)?

    Can't tell you, yet, JSU!

    Firstly, although it's not a sealed in concrete, I rarely look at reviews before going to a film.

    After I watch it, then I overdose on Rottentomates and MRQE, though.

    So, to answer your question, a big dunno.

    I will find out next week, and tell you!

    As for today, mother and I went to watch the Pursuit of Happyness.

    Cried my eyes out, and it's not even a chick flick either.

    Recommend that, and Apocalypto (highly).

    Cheers,
    Victoria

    By Blogger vbspurs, at Sun Dec 17, 03:58:00 am GMT-5  

Post a Comment

Who linked Here:

Create a Link

<< Home


 




Advertise on blogs
British Expat Blog Directory.