.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

...a sweatshop of moxie

Sunday, January 14, 2007

Give Back Your Person Of The Year Award!

This has been bothering me for a while, but àpropos to nothing, let me ask you a question:

Why wasn't James Kim made Person of the Year in 2006, by Time Magazine? Hmm?

Instead, a generic "You" received the increasingly disregarded award, which prompted the hilarious comment from sometime co-blogger Renato, that screw it, he's going to include that in his Curriculum Vitae.

Heh, quite.

I understand that Time Magazine probably wanted to award "You, The American Voter" for voting for the right party at long last, as the arch-vulgarian Roseanne Barr said on Larry King -- possibly refraining from being so obvious, at the last minute.

And that Mr. Kim's heroism came perhaps too late in the day, to make the cut...but...

If James Kim, who paid the ultimate sacrifice doing what is the quintessential action of a REAL man (trying to save and protect his little family), is not worthy of such an award, then screw it, neither am I.

God rest his soul. More men like that, we need on this earth.

So on that note, I am giving my Time Person Of The Year Award, back.


Someone get me Sacheen Littlefeather's cellphone number.


  • My therapist said to keep it for my self-esteem...since we're all better now, he can retire...

    By Blogger Ron, at Sun Jan 14, 08:46:00 am GMT-5  

  • My therapist said to keep it for my self-esteem...since we're all better now, he can retire...

    LOL! This topic only gets funnier, Ron.

    Of course, I told my parents that since I've now made Time Person of the Year (a feat shared by Hitler, as my mother pointed out sourly), I can take it easy.

    Dad -

    "You were taking it hard, before? We hadn't noticed."

    At least he's feistier these days, which is a good thing.


    By Blogger vbspurs, at Sun Jan 14, 04:02:00 pm GMT-5  

Post a Comment

Who linked Here:

Create a Link

<< Home


Advertise on blogs
British Expat Blog Directory.