.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sundries
...a sweatshop of moxie

Saturday, January 20, 2007

One More

(Check out the coincidental timing, below)

This is fantastic, and similar to the Padre de Familia skit in Spanish below, it's a comedy hour "comedienne" riffing the Iron Lady.



If you're lost in Spanish, don't worry, just enjoy the sights and especially sounds.

My favourite bit:

"Mira, las Malvinas, yo no sabia que teniamos ningunas islas. Que yo supiera nadie me habia dicho na'a. Y mas, tan lejos!

Pero las invadieron, y hostiasssss las senti muy mias.

Pero esto que, me van a tocar el bolo los Argentinos estos. Digo, no me los van a tocar!

Empeze una guerra, y la termine, y la GANÉ!".


LOL! PRICELESS. Who is this person??

ADDENDUM: Oh, not again. Remember when some idiot altered the Pope's Wikipedia entry?

Now, it's Maggie's turn.

Margaret Hilda Thatcher, Baroness Thatcher, LG, OM, PC, FRS (born 13 October 1925 - died 19 January 2007)



UPDATE: Seconds later, it's not there anymore. Whew, Wikipedia editors must be working round-the-clock.

User-composed Wikipedia articles are one of the best things in the internet.

It shows that there is a LOT of knowledge out there, held by people who would not traditionally contribute to its dessimination.

These types of asinine activities ruin it for all of us, because the obvious reaction will be to close these entries down from being stupidly altered by men and women who never really grew up.

Note, it's only SOME people who get this Wikijacking treatment.

Pope Benedict. Margaret Thatcher.

Now, what could they have in common, pray?

Of course, this guy never gets his entry altered...though something tells me, we'll be updating it REAL soon.

11 Comments:

  • Okay, okay, a quasi-translation (not word for word, but the tone):

    "Look, the Falklands...I didn't know we had any islands, that I knew nobody had told me a thing, and on top of that, so far!

    But they invaded, and f-ck, I immediately took to them right away.

    I was all like, what the hell, and I wasn't about to let the Argies give me any crap.

    I started a war on 'em, and in fact, won it!"


    The accent kills, and makes it that much funnier.

    I think he's from Malaga. Jose? Robert?

    Cheers,
    Victoria

    By Blogger vbspurs, at Sat Jan 20, 03:54:00 am GMT-5  

  • Oh Vics!!!!
    Here I am, with tears down my eyes, and my coffee spilled all over!!!!
    Tears of laughter for the clip, and tears of sadness because:
    1- I am running out of coffee.
    2- I will have to buy another keyboard.

    By Blogger Charlie Bravo, at Sat Jan 20, 07:59:00 am GMT-5  

  • Even to us MonoYanks, that was pretty funny! (Please check email!)

    By Blogger Ron, at Sat Jan 20, 08:53:00 am GMT-5  

  • Oh Vics!!!!
    Here I am, with tears down my eyes, and my coffee spilled all over!!!!
    Tears of laughter for the clip, and tears of sadness because:
    1- I am running out of coffee.
    2- I will have to buy another keyboard.


    I love it, Charlie!

    When people say they cried, and their stomach hurt so much when they watched "Borat", that's how I felt when I watched this the first time.

    OH MY GOD, if you speak Spanish, and know anything about Margaret Thatcher, this IS A RIOT.

    "Con sus pelucas asustonicas"

    ('With their scary-ass wigs', talking about the House of Lords)

    "Los mineros? Que le den por el culo, los mineros"

    ('The miners? They can shove it up their arse', talking about the mines she shut oop North)

    "Yo soy que soy asi, soy las que se quitan las bragas a pedos"

    ('That's me all over. The kind that takes off her drawers by farting' -- untranslateable LOL!!)

    I'm glad you enjoyed it, Charlie! I hope others here did too. :)

    Cheers,
    Victoria

    By Blogger vbspurs, at Sat Jan 20, 12:23:00 pm GMT-5  

  • Even to us MonoYanks, that was pretty funny!

    I'm so glad, Ron!

    And I betcha that's how she used to drive a car, too. :)

    (Please check email!)

    Okay, babe!

    Cheers,
    Victoria

    By Blogger vbspurs, at Sat Jan 20, 12:25:00 pm GMT-5  

  • Vics, I have family members who speak like that. So imagine, I laughing even more!!!!

    By Blogger Charlie Bravo, at Sat Jan 20, 01:19:00 pm GMT-5  

  • Yes, he is very funny!!! Don't know who he is but he does a great Iron Lady!!!

    Looking forward to your fidel is finally dead post!!! Got my Champagne ready!!!

    By Blogger Jose Aguirre, at Sat Jan 20, 05:53:00 pm GMT-5  

  • Okay, update about the actor.

    His name, apparently, is Joaquin Reyes who is the lead comic of three, in La Hora Chanante...

    yet another stand-up, comedy skit show! Suddenly, there all over the old continent!

    Here he is, talking about having impersonated Dolly Parton (not very known in Spain) in full drag, in Madrid, when little kids came up to him teasing him, asking if he was a "drag queen".

    All three lads are from Albacete, not Malaga as I'd thought, and apparently, do the regional accent for all their famous personality skits.

    They've riffed not only Margaret Thatcher on their programme, but these assorted personalities:

    Madonna
    Bill Gates
    Nadia Comaneci
    Axl Rose
    Karl Lagerfeld (I'd pay in GOLD to see this)


    And of course, Sarita Montiel. Like she needs caricaturing.

    Cheers,
    Victoria

    By Blogger vbspurs, at Sun Jan 21, 12:49:00 am GMT-5  

  • That must rock, Charlie. You know how funny the Spaniard accent is. :)

    Y Jose, cualquier dia mismito, ya ya. Se va acabar ya!! Even his beloved Santeria can't help him now.

    Of course, if he died already, you can bet they won't release the news until Monday at 3 AM in the morning.

    That way, goes their thinking, they'll catch la Mafia de Miami asleep, como el caso Elian.

    Only this time, it could be las picos horas de la mañana, and Cubans in Miami will still be out in the streets.

    Cheers,
    Victoria

    By Blogger vbspurs, at Sun Jan 21, 12:52:00 am GMT-5  

  • Barbra Streisand, fatal!

    'Es judia la rosa tambien, claro', lol.

    Cheers,
    Victoria

    By Blogger vbspurs, at Sun Jan 21, 01:08:00 am GMT-5  

  • ONE MORE, I promise, just one more.

    MADONNA

    Esto se llama el festival de la huevada, que coro!

    Meacion...

    What a find this group of comics, what a find...

    Cheers,
    Victoria

    By Blogger vbspurs, at Sun Jan 21, 01:16:00 am GMT-5  

Post a Comment

Who linked Here:

Create a Link

<< Home


 




Advertise on blogs
British Expat Blog Directory.