.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sundries
...a sweatshop of moxie

Monday, September 29, 2008

Diggbats And Firefox

After Zachary Paul Sire pointed out that Sundries was loading too slowly, I narrowed the posts to a 12 day archive on the front page.

I noticed it was still loading very slowly though. I finally figured it out:

The Digg code in my sidebar was the culprit. I've gotten rid of it, and hopefully it'll be much faster now. Anyway, the Diggbats lean so far Left, that the whole purpose of having their top stories in the sidebar (to see what stories are being talked about in the Blogosphere) is rendered moot.

Incidentally, I am not at all happy with Firefox' new browser version, 3.x.x. I may switch to Google Chrome. I would be grateful for any reviews on it.

Labels:

4 Comments:

  • Chrome is pretty interesting.

    Download it and try it. You can always stop using it if you don't like it.

    I'd be using it now but it doesn't work with my laptop's trackpad.

    By Blogger blake, at Mon Sep 29, 03:02:00 am GMT-4  

  • Hey, no delays loading for me at all now Victoria, so it's much easier to read, scroll, etc. Yay!

    By Blogger Zachary Paul Sire, at Mon Sep 29, 03:08:00 am GMT-4  

  • Blake, that's precisely what I heard from others. And since I'm on my laptop (albeit sometimes with a normal kb), I had demurred. Let me check it out, though! Thanks. :)

    ZPS, thanks too! If not for you prodding me, this puppy would still be loading.

    Cheers,
    Victoria

    By Blogger vbspurs, at Mon Sep 29, 03:17:00 am GMT-4  

  • First, Vic, the load times are vastly improved. Brava! But your blog, for some reason, seems to load twice for me; once without the white background, and then again, from a clean slate with everything. This may be me, but I don't see this behavior elsewhere!

    By Blogger Ron, at Mon Sep 29, 07:17:00 am GMT-4  

Post a Comment

Who linked Here:

Create a Link

<< Home


 




Advertise on blogs
British Expat Blog Directory.