.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sundries
...a sweatshop of moxie

Monday, February 02, 2009

Heads Up Hungry, Poor People!

On Tuesday, 3rd February, Denny's will be offering everyone in America a free Grand Slam breakfast, from 6 AM to 2 PM. Awesome. I'm so there.

Well do I remember getting a Starbucks coffee for free after telling the gullible college kid working the mocha machines that I had just voted. Hey, I deserved a free coffee even if I early voted! Though if it had been me, I would've asked for a rum totty instead, given that voting for McCain makes anyone want to get sloshed...

I also asked for and got my free Taco at Taco Bell when that player stole a base during the World Series.

Furthermore, I never miss a Ben & Jerry's freebie cone day, despite the fact that I hate ice cream (I know, I'm weird).

It's just that if it has the word "free" in it, I'm there.

Now, which Denny's shall I choose to go to?

It may be the Miracle Mile Denny's since there are less homeless folk in Coral Gables. I mean, this is homeless people bonanza day, right? It's been cold recently down here, so if they work the enormous queues which will no doubt be present that day, I'm sure they can get enough to afford a nice coffee to go with their egg and ba-ke.

Clever move, Denny's. When hard times hit, people eat. Hey, can I get a Mother Butler's pie to go?



IMPORTANT UPDATE: Oops, apparently according to this blogger, not all Denny's will be participating. Just call up ahead, to see if your chosen restaurant will be.

UPDATE: Guess what? I didn't go. I arrived shortly after 7 AM to see an already strained carpark in my chosen locale, completely shrunk of spaces. I'm glad Denny's did it though.

Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

  • Didja getcher free Dr. Pepper?

    By Blogger blake, at Mon Feb 02, 05:05:00 am GMT-5  

  • Let's meet at the Miracle Mile one real early!!!

    By Blogger Jose Aguirre, at Mon Feb 02, 11:41:00 am GMT-5  

  • Didja getcher free Dr. Pepper?

    Hah! My boyfriend told me about that when I told him about the Denny's offer.

    Had I but known...I love Dr. Pepper, Blake!

    Cheers,
    Victoria

    By Blogger vbspurs, at Mon Feb 02, 04:11:00 pm GMT-5  

  • Let's meet at the Miracle Mile one real early!!!

    Se formo el chou Cubano! Well, actually, Cheito, if you know anything about my sleeping habits, you know that I don't do early.

    I'll be lucky to make it by 2 PM. ;)

    Have a poached egg on me!

    Cheers,
    Victoria

    By Blogger vbspurs, at Mon Feb 02, 04:12:00 pm GMT-5  

  • I'm a sleeping-in-late Pepper mah own self.

    I'm guessing you guys have a "Miracle Mile", too. (Ours was in a movie of the same name.)

    I'd make the trek to ours to have breakfast with you guys (especially if it were at noon), but I'm not driving cross-country for free Denny's.

    By Blogger blake, at Mon Feb 02, 07:34:00 pm GMT-5  

Post a Comment

Who linked Here:

Create a Link

<< Home


 




Advertise on blogs
British Expat Blog Directory.