.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

...a sweatshop of moxie

Wednesday, January 19, 2005

Your favourite Blogs

Seth Godin's head on Seth Godin's blog

This past week has been a cornucopia of blogs for me, as I run around blogospace in search of sites which might make my Haunts & Lurks section.

In doing so, I can't help but be impressed by the sleek lines and look of certain blogs. And in turn that makes me:

1) Admiring
2) Humbled
3) And gets my competitive juices flowing

Which I would hope would be the reaction of any ambitious person.

It was partly this reason why I changed my blog's look yesterday, from the dowdy Minimalist Ochre, to the smart lines of TicTac Green, so much more pleasing to the eye, and yet not dour like the Blue version. It even has a hint of what-the-hellishness...rather like its owner.

It'll take me a while to get, as car salesmen would have it, all the bells-and-whistles of other blogs. Already my attempts at a scroll-down thingie were foiled, because I can't get my head around the proper HTML codes. Ah well. What can you expect from a Ford Focus.

So my question to you is:

What are your favourite blogs that you can recommend to me? Why?


  • I'm regularly amused by my friend Sam's website - he lives in Ono in Fukui prefecture, which is on the west coast of Japan. You can check it out at: http://thefunkydrummer.blogspot.com

    By Blogger Lewis, at Wed Jan 19, 07:41:00 pm GMT-5  

  • Lewis, I love you! In a totally friendly, and unassumedly unerotic way, of course.

    I first checked your own blogs -- the Englishman in Nyugun was all my heart desires in a quirky, but still intelligent blog. The photos you have there of life in Japan mirror too eerily my own experiences in Tokyo teaching English during my gap year.

    Nice kid too. I won't tell your chum the kid looks just like you. Too cruel.

    I also liked Sam's blog, though I took a cursory glance at it, bookmarking it for later.

    I have some other sites to share since posting, but first, you are aware of this site, nyet?


    No person stuck, I mean staying! in Japan should be without a gambol over there.

    Finally, my other suggestions include:

    http://jonanuk.blogspot.com/ http://blockingout.blogspot.com/ http://francotjr.blogspot.com/ http://www.2guysamacandawebsite.com/

    That's just using the Blog button to the right-top too.


    By Blogger vbspurs, at Wed Jan 19, 08:48:00 pm GMT-5  

  • Speaking of westerners abroad, Elyse Sewell is blogging from Hong Kong and other stops on the Far Eastern modeling circuit. Some entries on language acquisition too.

    By Blogger JSU, at Wed Jan 19, 09:51:00 pm GMT-5  

  • I can't. It changes too much, too many times.

    By Blogger Adrian, at Sat Jan 22, 03:57:00 am GMT-5  

  • Adrian! The other half (some would say better-half) of the best expat duo on blogospace!

    I'm glad you made it here finally, and that your hectic career in Israel isn't keeping you away from more frivolous pursuits.

    How's tricks? And if you answer "tricks are for kids", I'll shoot you.


    By Blogger vbspurs, at Sat Jan 22, 10:12:00 pm GMT-5  

Post a Comment

Who linked Here:

Create a Link

<< Home


Advertise on blogs
British Expat Blog Directory.