.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sundries
...a sweatshop of moxie

Thursday, September 01, 2005

KISS Country -- Miami's Most Generous Radio Station

Blogathon Target Charities: American Red Cross, 1-800-HELP-NOW. Canadian Red Cross (Canadian residents), 613-740-1900. Catholic Charities, 1-800-919-9338. Habitat for Humanity, 229-924-6935, ext. 2551. Click HERE to add contribution info. Blog Name: Sundries. Blogathon Roundup.

So, as I was driving home in my friend's car, I turned on to my favourite music station in South Florida, KISS Country, 99.9 FM.

Perhaps you wouldn't think I'm such a fan of country music, considering my profile doesn't mention Merle Haggard, and those good ole boys as my Favourite Music.

But in fact, I do like country music, not only for the tunes, and the stories they tell, but because country music is the only brand of music these days, which isn't afraid to sound sloppily patriotic.

Seems the rest of the music industry are aligned to the Hollywood Establishment in showing that they are patriotic by not showing they are patriotic.

Therefore, I wasn't surprised when I heard KISS Country vigourously requesting moneys in their own beg-a-thon drive this afternoon.

I haven't called up yet to donate, but I will.

It's worth it for being able to say "U-Turn Laverne convinced me".

U-Turn Laverne, you'll not be surprised to hear, is the gal who reports on traffic conditions around South Florida's motorways.

Priceless.

UPDATE: I also stopped by my local Best Buy to buy some blank DVD-Rs. At the checkout, the lady there asked me if I cared to round out my total to the nearest dollar, or to donate money to the American Red Cross. GOOD ONE people! It does my heart good to see people help out EVERYWHERE.

BLOGATHON POST #1, 9:00 AM EDT: Welcome To The Katrina Relief Blogathon (Thanks Sara via Instapundit, for linking to this post!)
BLOGATHON POST #2, 10:00 AM EDT:
NO POLITICS
BLOGATHON POST #3, 11:00 AM EDT:
September 11 and Katrina
BLOGATHON POST #4, 12:00 PM EDT:
What This Blogathon Is About
BLOGATHON POST #5, 1:00 PM EDT:
Bush 41 And Clinton Cavalry
BLOGATHON POST #6, 2:00 PM EDT: Lunch Break
BLOGATHON POST #7, 3:00 PM EDT: I Wonder What Happened To Julia Reed?
BLOGATHON POST #8, 4:00 PM EDT:
Katrina Victims Blogathon On Hold?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Who linked Here:

Create a Link

<< Home


 




Advertise on blogs
British Expat Blog Directory.