.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sundries
...a sweatshop of moxie

Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Favourite 80's Nostalgia Item

Mine is Tab...



...the drink which single-handedly sustained my mother from 9 AM to 12 midnight every day of her 80's existence.

You know, I don't know what Gigi Anders, whose book I have mentioned in my "Cuban American" post, was on about.

She says she travels for miles in Washington, D.C. where she lives, just to buy cases of Tab, which alongside cigarettes, says every Jubana worth her Harry Winston's, treasures.

Bah, she should come down to South Florida. Publix is stocked to the gills with Tab.

P.S.: Although Atari is a very close second.

5 Comments:

  • It looks just like how LBJ loved Fresca! Had a machine installed in the White House and everythang!

    By Blogger Ron, at Wed Jan 25, 07:17:00 pm GMT-5  

  • One of those moments from college that still brings a chuckle when I recall it. Standing in line behind a coed at a 7-11 across the street from the womens dorm. Her purchase? A quart of TAB...and a box of donuts.

    By Anonymous brotherdarryl, at Thu Jan 26, 12:31:00 am GMT-5  

  • It looks just like how LBJ loved Fresca! Had a machine installed in the White House and everythang!

    I was watching my recording of a Musical History of the White House, taped from my local PBS station.

    Seems LBJ could cut a mean rug, for a big fella (6'3").

    Either that, or all that Fresca made him jumpy.

    Cheers,
    Victoria

    By Blogger vbspurs, at Thu Jan 26, 03:24:00 am GMT-5  

  • One of those moments from college that still brings a chuckle when I recall it. Standing in line behind a coed at a 7-11 across the street from the womens dorm. Her purchase? A quart of TAB...and a box of donuts.

    If questioned, she'd swear on a stack of Bibles the donuts were for HER roommate.

    Yeah, that's it. That's the ticket. (/Jon Lovitz)

    Cheers,
    Victoria

    By Blogger vbspurs, at Thu Jan 26, 03:26:00 am GMT-5  

  • Was it Tab or RC that were opened by punching in 2 circular tabs? I loved that since it was different.

    Never tried Tab as far as I can remember. I didn't think Saccharin was still legal.;)

    By Blogger Renato, at Thu Jan 26, 09:19:00 am GMT-5  

Post a Comment

Who linked Here:

Create a Link

<< Home


 




Advertise on blogs
British Expat Blog Directory.