.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sundries
...a sweatshop of moxie

Saturday, February 04, 2006

Thanks for Nothing, Garrison Keillor

Today dawned rainy and musty, after the first showers on Friday, that we've had since Hurricane Wilma.

And of course, OF COURSE, it had to be the one day I had been looking forward to for MONTHS, to watch Garrison Keillor take his legendary NPR radio show, "Prairie Home Companion" to Miami's Bayfront Park.

As it stands, there are only lawn tickets still available ($35), so that's me out. I missed out on the $65 tickets by one hour, Thursday.

I'll catch my death seated on soggy grass, on a night scheduled to be in the low 50F's, facing the Bay of Biscayne which can blow mighty cold.

This is the ampitheatre, which allegedly has hosted everyone from Lenny Kravitz to John Kerry (What? His rally was at the Convocation Centre at UM).

Ah well, I'll just have a quiet evening in my comfy, dry home with a nice film. "Crash" perhaps.

That is, after listening to the radio show, taking place not 5 minutes away from my home...

4 Comments:

  • Sorry...
    Glad you're warm and dry.

    By Blogger Paul, at Sun Feb 05, 01:01:00 am GMT-5  

  • Sorry...
    Glad you're warm and dry.


    No worries, it's just the spoilt little girl lashing out. ;)

    When did Blogger come up? Last time I checked it, around 7, it was down down down...

    Cheers,
    Victoria

    By Blogger vbspurs, at Sun Feb 05, 01:28:00 am GMT-5  

  • I don't recall the time, Victoria, it wasn't long after that, I was busy working a Novena for the Steelers.

    By Blogger Paul, at Sun Feb 05, 12:53:00 pm GMT-5  

  • I don't recall the time, Victoria, it wasn't long after that, I was busy working a Novena for the Steelers.

    I'm getting out my holy beads as I speak.

    And I think Cowher is Cat'lick, so obviously the Big Man upstairs is totally on his side.

    Cheers,
    Victoria

    By Blogger vbspurs, at Sun Feb 05, 03:07:00 pm GMT-5  

Post a Comment

Who linked Here:

Create a Link

<< Home


 




Advertise on blogs
British Expat Blog Directory.