.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sundries
...a sweatshop of moxie

Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Nyquil Please, Mummy

I've had a relapse from last week's mini-cold, and this time, the sucker is really attacking my antibodies.

Frankly, my friends, I can barely string two sentences, which for my standards is almost cripple level. This is why I probably will go immediately to bed right after signing off Blogger, and attempt a blogpost tomorrow.

My mother has been an absolute brick, as ever, when I am laid low by grippe.

The woman who is on her 10th cellphone in 5 years, loses her keys once an hour, and has never been able to find her purse since I was a foetus, comes into her own when a member of her little family is sick.

Off she went, a tornado of organised caregiving on her way to Walgreen's to restock our medicine cabinet with the requisite cold necessities.

  • Nyquil (the Cherry-flavoured one) Night Formula


  • Robitussin DM


  • Tylenol Gel Caps


  • Puffs or Kleenex Aloe tissues


  • Vicks Vapor Rub (the Tub Size)


  • Ditto, but the inhaler one, which I call the Cocaine Snorter


  • Japanisches Heilpflanzenöl, which is like Vicks Turbo. If that doesn't clear your passages, NOTHING will


  • And when she arrived home, she handed me the Nyquil blue (menthol) bottle, which just thinking of it, disgusts me to my very core -- it tastes AWFUL.

    So, poor thing, off she went back to get me my desired knock-out drug of choice, this:





    The only problem is, no longer, apparently, do Vicks make Nyquil with cough suppressant. What the? Is Kitty Dukakis in rehab again?

    So, I'm off to sleep the sleep of the just, but possibly will wake up my entire family with my coughs, just because the Walgreen's was out of Robitussin DM.

    Yes. Half of South Florida has my same cold.

    Mothers are fighting for Kleenex like they did in the 1980s for Cabbage Patch Dolls. Oh well, see you anon!

    Labels:

    8 Comments:

    • Too bad, you missed the US season premiere of what turns out to be one of the most amusing shows on TV... Where one of the contestants is constantly referred to as a "Chelsea fan".

      Anyway, get well. One of the blessings of being sick is forgetting the obligations of the day, for a day.

      By Blogger JSU, at Mon Mar 19, 11:45:00 pm GMT-4  

    • What, no chicken soup???

      By Blogger Jose Aguirre, at Tue Mar 20, 10:42:00 am GMT-4  

    • Too bad, you missed the US season premiere of what turns out to be one of the most amusing shows on TV... Where one of the contestants is constantly referred to as a "Chelsea fan".

      Yes! Remember I blogged about the Ladettes, Season 1 on Sundance?

      That was magnificent, although eventually I stopped watching the "Joes" part.

      Anyway, get well. One of the blessings of being sick is forgetting the obligations of the day, for a day.

      Thanks, JSU. :)

      We'll see...my dad is just recovering from his cold, and he wants to go to the office today -- despite his partners saying no way, get well first.

      He's so stubborn...

      Cheers,
      Victoria

      By Blogger vbspurs, at Tue Mar 20, 01:18:00 pm GMT-4  

    • What, no chicken soup???

      AHH. Funny you should mention that, but since my mother has to go Miracle Mile today, she promised to pick me up some Sergio's Restaurant chicken soup -- the best in town! :)

      (Well, other than the one in Puerto Sagua in South Beach)

      Cheers,
      Victoria

      By Blogger vbspurs, at Tue Mar 20, 01:19:00 pm GMT-4  

    • "Yes! Remember I blogged about the Ladettes, Season 1 on Sundance?

      That was magnificent, although eventually I stopped watching the "Joes" part."


      I had the feeling you'd said something about the show in the past, but couldn't recall where.

      A year ago I was in a long health low, though, so I must have either missed or failed to digest this original post.

      Am trying to torrent Season 1, but it doesn't seem to exist anywhere!

      By Blogger JSU, at Tue Mar 20, 02:02:00 pm GMT-4  

    • Hope your feeling better soon.....

      By Blogger conv442, at Tue Mar 20, 10:39:00 pm GMT-4  

    • I also prefer the cherry-flavored Nyquil. But I can use the original flavor in a pinch!

      Watch comedy films while you are ailing, Vicks, it does help the immune system!

      Besides, if you must be abed, why not get a chuckle or two out of it, eh?

      By Blogger benning, at Wed Mar 21, 07:19:00 am GMT-4  

    • Thanks to everyone who wished me well. :)

      I'm coughing a bit now, but otherwise, I'm 99% better from yesterday, when I couldn't even concentrate enough to blog.

      JSU, btw, I have Ladettes Season 1 on DVD. Give me any address, needn't be your own, and a copy is yours.

      Cheers,
      Victoria

      By Blogger vbspurs, at Fri Mar 23, 12:25:00 am GMT-4  

    Post a Comment

    Who linked Here:

    Create a Link

    << Home


     




    Advertise on blogs
    British Expat Blog Directory.