.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

...a sweatshop of moxie

Monday, March 19, 2007


I bet you these two oldtimers, have some tales to tell.

My guess is that the gentleman at the left is called Otis, and that's his buddy, Ray, having finally decided to pull up stakes from his flophouse, and move in with his daughter in Georgia.

I fancy that Otis was a schoolteacher, but one who dabbled in music once. There he met Ray at Tobacco Road, during the heady days when Duke, Ella and Count Basie still made Overtown jumpin', after hours.

Godspeed, Ray!

Labels: ,


  • Aww, man, no comments about Otis and Ray?

    One of my own favourite pics, BTW. I loved how Ray was stylin', with his "sky". ;)


    By Blogger vbspurs, at Mon Mar 19, 10:59:00 pm GMT-4  

  • Okay, there's something I wanted to say but had thought better of it. Plus, I'm not exactly sure how to say it, but here goes:

    Otis, with his boom box and backwards hat, looks like a geriatric rapper / hip-hop listener.*

    *I have no idea what they were actually listening to, but he just looks that way.

    By Blogger Alcibiades, at Tue Mar 20, 04:59:00 pm GMT-4  

Post a Comment

Who linked Here:

Create a Link

<< Home


Advertise on blogs
British Expat Blog Directory.