.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sundries
...a sweatshop of moxie

Monday, April 16, 2007

Pope Benny Is 80!




April 16, 2007 marks the 80th year of life of the current Pontiff atop St. Peter's Throne, and as such, I'm sure you and others will join me in sending Papa Benny many happy returns on the day.

As such, good Catlick that I am, I am declaring a legal holiday on Sundries for today!

Nothing glamourous awaits me, like champagne toasts either. It's just a heavy day of spring cleaning Chez Vic.

Tuesday brings a travellogue, though! Hopefully...

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

  • I hoist a stein in the direction of the Holy See!

    Where are we off to Tuesday?

    By Blogger Ron, at Mon Apr 16, 05:19:00 am GMT-4  

  • Jeez, Vicky, all the best and all the rest to the pope, but who cares?

    Kurt Vonnegut has been dead for some days, and "that's the saddest experience that I'll ever know". I'm so crestfallen that I've been living so relatively close to this giant of letters, and I did not gather the resolve and try to meet him. This will be one thing I'll forever accuse myself for not doing.

    In the global light ;) it is ridiculous to greet this reactionary pope (for he is reactionary and dogmatic, unlike Wojtila), while one of the brightest minds of humanity has left the cage.

    By Blogger El Kot, at Mon Apr 16, 06:04:00 am GMT-4  

  • Hmm, looking at my comment, it reads like a criticism of the Pope, or you, which I didn't intend. I was just a little disappointed that you didn't touch on the main event of last week - the passing of Kurt Vonnegut - that's all.

    Cheers,
    Elko

    By Blogger El Kot, at Mon Apr 16, 06:30:00 am GMT-4  

  • Forgive me if this is impious, but when I saw the headline my first thought was of a Benny Hill chase sequence, and the bald guy having his head slapped.................

    By Blogger conv442, at Mon Apr 16, 11:04:00 am GMT-4  

  • By Blogger JSU, at Mon Apr 16, 02:52:00 pm GMT-4  

  • Nahhh, Vonnegut's been dead for years.

    Happy Birthday, Pontiff Benny!

    By Blogger benning, at Tue Apr 17, 09:09:00 pm GMT-4  

Post a Comment

Who linked Here:

Create a Link

<< Home


 




Advertise on blogs
British Expat Blog Directory.