You Know You're In Miami...
...when even the Wash Me! signs on vehicles are in Spanish!
"Hacieda de Tierra Blanca GTO"
(Que? Will my Spanglish friends help me out?)
Labels: South Florida Snapshot
.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Labels: South Florida Snapshot
posted by vbspurs at
4/13/2007 01:11:00 am
![]()
![]()






8 Comments:
Well I don't do well with foreign lingos, and Bable Fish was useless. But it looks like it, "Hacieda de Tierra Blanca GTO," says "something of white earth" or "something of white dirt," and someone with the initials GTO was the contributer.
By
Unknown, at Fri Apr 13, 10:00:00 am GMT-4
I imagine they misspelled hacienda. House, or home in Engrish.
Home of the White Dust Gran Turismo or some such jape.
By
SippicanCottage, at Fri Apr 13, 12:32:00 pm GMT-4
Hacienda actually means farmhouse or plantation. So it translates roughly as "White Dirt Farm" ... dunno about GTO.
By
Maria de los Angeles, at Fri Apr 13, 04:14:00 pm GMT-4
Well I don't do well with foreign lingos, and Bable Fish was useless. But it looks like it, "Hacieda de Tierra Blanca GTO," says "something of white earth" or "something of white dirt," and someone with the initials GTO was the contributer.
It seems to be in a different "hand", so perhaps the GTO is an inside joke. ;)
Cheers,
Victoria
By
vbspurs, at Sat Apr 14, 03:23:00 am GMT-4
I imagine they misspelled hacienda. House, or home in Engrish.
Right, that I too got.
Home of the White Dust Gran Turismo or some such jape.
Ohhh, makes a little sense there, Sippi.
Cheers,
Victoria
By
vbspurs, at Sat Apr 14, 03:24:00 am GMT-4
Hacienda actually means farmhouse or plantation. So it translates roughly as "White Dirt Farm" ... dunno about GTO.
Si, but they misspelt hacienda. Deben ser de Hialeah!
Cheers,
Victoria
By
vbspurs, at Sat Apr 14, 03:24:00 am GMT-4
I don't know what it means either, but when I was young my best friend had a GTO and it was a lot of fun to drive!
Ay, Jose...et tu? My mother's favourite car was the Camaro, for similar reasons.
Cheers,
Victoria
By
vbspurs, at Sat Apr 14, 03:25:00 am GMT-4
The GTO is a state in Mexico... Guanjuato. GTO is the mailing abbreviation for it. Tierra Blanca is a city in Guanjuato.
By
Anonymous, at Mon Oct 20, 12:03:00 pm GMT-4
Post a Comment
<< Home