.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

...a sweatshop of moxie

Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Yurts And Frescas

Would you consider being no more than 15-feet from your spouse, all the time?

A couple who live in a yurt in Arizona, do it out of Buddhist conviction.

But this journalist duo did it as a stunt. Watch the 8 minute piece, and get back to me with your thoughts.

Would you and your spouse do it? What did you gleen about their relationship, however briefly it was presented? I'll share my views in the comments section, so as not to tip my hand.

P.S.: No. I had no idea what a yurt was either -- but I knew it sounded uncomfortable. Definitely won't be checking into the Yurt Motel 8 anytime soon.

Labels: ,


  • First, I'm not sure these people should be in the same state together,much less only 15 feet apart! God, they were annoying! Confusing Fresca storage with guilt over Burma? Not being guilty enough over watching footy in the afternoon? Even being raised Catholic as I was, I'm not that guilty...

    but the capper was "Oh, I couldn't tell you a bullshit story about my day! What a drag!" Wow, I want to get an Atlantic subscription just to call them and cancel it because of that piece! Slate, I'll take off my blogroll...

    They put the pa into pathetic!

    By Blogger Ron, at Tue Jun 03, 12:38:00 am GMT-4  

  • She's pregnant with --what?-- number 5 and he's still that annoying? He comes to realize how cool his wife is when she's pitching a story to her editor? He's been indulged. And not in a good way.

    By Blogger Ruth Anne Adams, at Tue Jun 03, 10:44:00 am GMT-4  

  • Ick!

    We all need our space. Sadly, as a bachelor I have all the space I could ever want.

    I still think it's a stupid idea. In Mongolia the Yurt is the house. Daddy goes off to herd sheep/goats/cattle. The family isn't togethr all day long.

    By Blogger benning, at Wed Jul 02, 12:25:00 pm GMT-4  

Post a Comment

Who linked Here:

Create a Link

<< Home


Advertise on blogs
British Expat Blog Directory.