.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sundries
...a sweatshop of moxie

Friday, September 19, 2008

Switching Sides

Have you noticed the recent run of Democrats now backing McCain/Palin?

Let's count them so far, and I'll add to them if you point out others in the comments.

- Lynn Forrester de Rothschild

A huge Hillary Clinton supporter, in fact, one of the megapowerful "Hillraisers"



- John Coale

Greta van Susteren's husband, and ex-Hillary supporter

- Donald Trump

No introductions needed, but a former Hillary supporter

-
Miguel D. Lausell

Noted Puerto Rican real estate developer, and longtime Democratic Pary and Hillary supporter. Interestingly, like Senator Obama, he's a Harvard Law graduate

Do you see a pattern? All heavy-hitting ex-FOBs/FOHs turning their support towards the Republican ticket.

Now, I know that Senator Clinton herself, and to an extent, Bill Clinton, will no doubt be stumping for Obama soon. In fact, Senator Clinton was in Florida two days ago, doing just that.

But somehow, it doesn't ring true to many people. She's just going through the motions. After a lifetime next to Bill Clinton, she's sorta got the knack, you know?



And speaking of the ultimate FOH, ex-President Clinton was interviewed by sultry Maria Bartiromo (who you could tell was quite taken by Governor Palin, in a July interview) just today.

This is President Clinton's take on Governor Sarah Palin.

"She’s an instinctively effective candidate. And with a compelling story. And she grew up, came up in a political culture, a religious culture that is probably well to the right of the American center. But she didn’t basically define herself in those terms. She basically said: “Look, this is where I come from. I’m not going to impose this on you. This is what I want to do and I think we can all be a part of.” So she handled herself very well." So, I-- no, I wasn't surprised. I think that-- you know, I disagree with them on a lot of these issues. And that's why aside from party affiliation, that's why I would be for Senator Obama and Senator Biden anyway. But-- but, I think she-- I-- I get why she's done so well. She -- it's a mistake to underestimate her. She's got good in intuitive skills. They're significant.

Watch it here. Transcript here.

Many of us have a lot of opinions on President Clinton, some of them rather negative.

But I think we can all agree on one thing: the man has inherent political skills that you can't teach, and an approachability that makes you wonder why you still like him, despite knowing his past.

I don't think he tipped his hand in giving Palin a compliment about her own political instincts, but I do think that his support of Senator Obama is less than genuine.

With the many defections from Hillary Clinton's camp now to McCain's camp, I wonder just what kind of hidden signal both Clintons are sending to the world, that they can't send themselves.

ADDED: President Clinton will join the harpies of The View this Monday, September 22. His first time. Should be interesting.

Related

Bill Clinton Calls McCain "A Great Man"

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Post a Comment

Who linked Here:

Create a Link

<< Home


 




Advertise on blogs
British Expat Blog Directory.