.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sundries
...a sweatshop of moxie

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

86 Countries In 5 Minutes

No, my dear Sundries readers, I am not announcing a forthcoming travel book: I am not giving Fodor's a run for their money.

But after checking my blog rating, I took this quiz.

86
Created by OnePlusYou - Free Dating Site


I'm not happy. First of all, I led off with "Canada" (!), then "United Kingdom", but I didn't get to "United States of America" until 2 minutes into the marathon quiz, and I got in "Germany" only as time was expiring. For some reason, it wouldn't accept "Philippines" no matter how I spelt it.

Sure I named 86 countries, but I left 184 on the board.

These were the ones I typed, and believe me, I got head cramp by minute 3:50.

Afghanistan, Algeria, Angola, Argentina, Austria, Belarus, Belize, Brazil, Bulgaria, Cambodia, Canada, Chad, Chile, China, Costa Rica, Cuba, Czech Republic, Denmark, Ecuador, Egypt, Estonia, Ethiopia, Finland, France, Gabon, Germany, Greece, Grenada, Guinea, Haiti, Iran, Iraq, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Ivory Coast, Jamaica, Japan, Jordan, Kenya, Laos, Lebanon, Liberia, Libya, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Mauritius, Mexico, Moldova, Monaco, Mongolia, Morocco, Namibia, Nicaragua, Niger, Nigeria, North Korea, Norway, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Romania, Russia, San Marino, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Korea, Spain, Sudan, Switzerland, Syria, Togo, Tonga, Tunisia, Turkey, Ukraine, United Kingdom, United States, Uruguay, Venezuela, Vietnam,

I missed most of the Commonwealth, like Australia, South Africa, and Trinidad and Tobago! Good God. What a travesty.

Labels: , , , , ,

7 Comments:

  • This was so ridiculous! I named 64 and probably could have done more if I wouldn't have wasted more than 30 seconds trying to spell Nicaragua! My most egregious omission: United Kingdom. Oh no!

    By Blogger Zachary Paul Sire, at Wed Oct 22, 10:05:00 pm GMT-4  

  • Ooh, well done, Zach! I also wasted as much either with the brain freeze towards the end, where I literally could not think of ONE MORE country (my last was Luxembourg), and spelling the Philippines.

    I am bummed out right now, because I can't arrow-backspace on this new comment area. I hope it's something which will be solved when I relaunch Firefox. Boo.

    Cheers,
    Victoria

    By Blogger vbspurs, at Wed Oct 22, 10:13:00 pm GMT-4  

  • Oh BTW, don't feel badly about the UK. Even after I had already typed it, I brainfarted, and tried to put in "Scotland". Hehe.

    By Blogger vbspurs, at Wed Oct 22, 10:14:00 pm GMT-4  

  • Here's a tip to people attempting this quiz:

    Take Africa first, because your memory will be jogged by neighbouring countries. I did the whole Mahgreb first and worked myself down.

    When I got stuck, I would go back to Africa, like when I went from Lithuania, completely froze, and wrote Namibia. Then Angola, etc.

    It's a fun quiz, but your brain hurts afterwards.

    By Blogger vbspurs, at Wed Oct 22, 10:16:00 pm GMT-4  

  • Wow, epic fail at geography for me.

    By Anonymous Bekah, at Wed Oct 22, 11:07:00 pm GMT-4  

  • Calm in Panic, Bekah!

    (Ask Simon from Althouse to explain in case of befuddlement) ;)

    Cheers,
    Victoria

    By Blogger vbspurs, at Thu Oct 23, 12:40:00 am GMT-4  

  • I was pathetic...I tried to go continent by continent...and couldn't spell words worth a darn....

    I only got 49, but I can't tell you how many times I tried to write Trinidad and Tobago....

    So...don't feel bad....I thought I was doing okay....but guess not....and to think I was a history major.

    Peggy :)

    By Blogger Peggy Gero DaValt, at Fri Oct 24, 12:22:00 am GMT-4  

Post a Comment

Who linked Here:

Create a Link

<< Home


 




Advertise on blogs
British Expat Blog Directory.