.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sundries
...a sweatshop of moxie

Thursday, October 23, 2008

Dobson And Palin

I haven't heard this radio interview with Dr. Dobson yet, but here it is for the readership. Palin speaks about her religious foundation.

Listen to the broadcast:

Download



Highlight:

Dobson: "You all are still, apparently [...] still behind, does that discourage you, or encourage you?"

Palin: "You know, I'm not discouraged at all. For some reason, I have found myself over and over again in my life being put in these underdog positions; and yet when still victory needed to be reached in order to meet this greater good, it's always worked out perfectly fine, despite the fact that over and over again, I've been and I know John McCain has been in underdog positions.

To me, it motivates us, makes us work that much harder, and it also strengthens my faith because I know at the end of the day, putting this in God's hands that the right thing for America will be done."


To those who do not know how religious people speak, or how they think, she's not saying at the end that God will choose McCain-Palin over Obama-Biden on November 4th. She is saying that she is putting this matter in God's hands, and that He will do what is best for America on that election day.

I preempt this because I know how secularists think. For them, it's always a question of Christians saying, "God loves us more".

Not at all.

Now, Palin does make a great point. Both she and McCain are experts at being underdogs, who somehow seem to pull it off at every time in their lives. Of course, McCain lost his bid for the nomination in 2000, and Palin lost the Lieutenant-Governorship in 2002.

But other than that, they've always won when no one, and I do mean no one, gave them a chance.

Has Senator Obama ever been in this underdog position? Yes. But like Franklin Roosevelt, he has been a winner more often in his life, than a loser. And he's rarely been an underdog at anything.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

  • Had Palin won the Lieutenant Governor position, she would not be the Veep nominee today.

    Similarly, had John McCain won the nomination, he might not have won the presidency and might not have been in the Senate to beat the drum for the surge.

    I have also looked at Rudy Giuiliani's prostate cancer as a perfect timing thing as well. Had he been Senator from New York, he wouldn't have been the visible head of the city when it was under attack.

    "All things work together for the good for those who believe in Him."

    By Blogger Ruth Anne Adams, at Thu Oct 23, 10:43:00 am GMT-4  

  • Hey sis - Great comment from you.

    And..hiya VB - I'm always a lurkin' here.....I have so enjoyed getting all my "good" stuff here in the past several weeks.

    I get laughed at when I say I like Sarah Palin. (remember I work in liberal Madison, WI).

    Just the other day I was having lunch with a former co-worker of mine (very Democratic - union supporter - union steward) who laughed at me when I told her I loved Sarah. This friend is a former Catholic and "sought" the truth turning to 7th Day Adventist teachings. She told me that I should seek the truth and my life would be better. What's so ironic is that I lived for the better part of 15+ years the ways of a church with similar beliefs doctrinally to the 7th Days, but that church always put things in God's hands, especially the politics.

    I think Gov Palin is wise to put it into God's hands.

    Peggy DaValt
    Gone to the Dogs

    By Blogger Peggy Gero DaValt, at Thu Oct 23, 11:45:00 am GMT-4  

  • Good points, all, Ruth Anne!

    Hey Peggy! I know you lurk. I just like chivvying you out every once in a while. ;)

    Cheers,
    Victoria

    By Blogger vbspurs, at Fri Oct 24, 01:31:00 am GMT-4  

Post a Comment

Who linked Here:

Create a Link

<< Home


 




Advertise on blogs
British Expat Blog Directory.