.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sundries
...a sweatshop of moxie

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

I Don't Believe In Any Polls

Even when they favour my guy, or gal, or issue. But upon hearing Karl Rove on Hannity & Colmes just now, I checked the IBD/TIPP poll being highlighted by Drudge on his front page. It was the most accurate poll in 2004.

Whilst I realise that I just mentioned the Holy Triumverate of conservatives in my paragraph above, which my more liberal readers may wince at, I want you to see the polling results for how things stand in the Presidential race.

Click to enlarge.



Ages 18-24, McCain leads Obama 53% to 43%. Wow. You know, I do have to say I was impressed by the young kid turnout during the FIU McCain rally.

(I will get around to posting it this week, promise)

I'm not talking about college-aged kids, but pre-teens were much in evidence. Very heartening. Having said that, I can't believe this demographic is more pro-McCain.

Still reading the results, but I do have to say one thing about South Florida. I've been as far out as Pembroke Pines this past week, and I am ASTONISHED at the plethora of McCain signage on yards and cars.

Not quite Bush/Cheney numbers from '04, but just two months ago, it was rare that you saw any bumpersticker at all, anywhere. The few times one did, it was all Obama.

I was very scared.

But even now I have a McCain sign inside my brand-new car, which is astonishing, because I have never placed any political sign on any property of mine, ever.

Though I'm very concerned that my car might get keyed or worse..., I do this because I noticed that my spirits would get an immediate boost when I saw a McCain bumpersticker or yard sign going around town. So I'm doing my bit in keeping spirits up, and I think it's reinforcing the good vibes.

I can't tell you the amount of thumbs ups and broad smiles I get from fellow supporters at red lights. It makes us all super happy that we're not alone.

I don't know what will happen on November 4. But I think Florida will stay Red. God willing.

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • Ages 18-24, McCain leads Obama 53% to 43%. Wow. You know, I do have to say I was impressed by the young kid turnout during the FIU McCain rally.

    To me that is evidence that the poll is wrong. No possible way that is true.

    The big undiscussed issue is not the undecided vote but the vote of people who reject the offer to participate in the poll. I think these are disproportionately McCain votes.

    The Obama voters want to tell the world, they want to show off.

    The McCain voters think the media and the pollsters are biased against them so they don't want to play along. They aren't saying they are undecided they are saying no thanks, no comment.

    If those people come out and vote, McCain wins. Otherwise he's doomed.

    By OpenID jdeeripper, at Thu Oct 23, 07:02:00 pm GMT-4  

Post a Comment

Who linked Here:

Create a Link

<< Home


 




Advertise on blogs
British Expat Blog Directory.