.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sundries
...a sweatshop of moxie

Sunday, November 02, 2008

The American Maverick

Generally I leave Senator Obama alone on Sundries, and concentrate on Sarah Palin and the Republican side of the campaign. I am happier doing so, and I know it brings others a measure of happiness too.

But today was a little different, as you can see below. It's important to remember "our opponent" as Palin refers to him, and why we are at odds with his message.

Having said that, a blog palette cleanser for you.

This Virginia man is Forest Whorton of Sperryville, and his beautiful, speckled palomino, Zeke.

Try as I might, I can't think of a Democrat who would do for Senators Obama and Biden what he is doing. This is a throw-back to Roy Rogers, Trigger, and the simple love of being proud to be an American.

I am very proud to be an American. I can see myself doing something similar very easily. And I'd do so without an ounce of shame about appearing hokey, or twee.

Basically, you can either do this, or you can't. Some just can't.

Unsurprisingly, they're the kinds who usually lose Presidential elections.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

  • Queue the music from Lee Greenwood of "I'm Proud to Be an American" and it would be perfect.

    I think that Senator McCain did an OUTSTANDING job on SNL last night and including Mrs. McCain was perfect. I laughed so hard, but the subtle things he said and the smile on his face conveyed it all.

    Shame on those in the crowd who actually booed him....shame.

    Thanks for sharing, Victoria.

    Did you see the Starbucks ad? I think they're giving free coffee to those who vote. I wonder if it's in red cups or blue?

    Peggy :)

    By Blogger Peggy Gero DaValt, at Sun Nov 02, 10:16:00 am GMT-5  

  • Victoria -- Mr. Whorton is riding an Appaloosa.

    Proud to be in America.

    A great place to be!

    By Blogger JAL, at Sun Nov 02, 11:47:00 pm GMT-5  

Post a Comment

Who linked Here:

Create a Link

<< Home


 




Advertise on blogs
British Expat Blog Directory.