.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sundries
...a sweatshop of moxie

Saturday, January 17, 2009

Is This How They Roll In Indiana?

Riding around my car yesterday, I happened to be at a red light when my eye caught a caravan of two work vehicles in front of me. Something about them was not quite right.

The backs of the trucks seemed too...busy.

It's only when I got home that I realised JUST how busy, and indeed, unsafe, these vehicles were. You could look at these photographs for hours, and I guarantee you you will find a new, and rather startling detail!



For example, the drivers are from Indiana, at least according to their licence plates.

But I wonder if the International Brotherhood Of Electrical Workers would love their untethered Igloo cooler, insouciantly perched on the back without any tie-downs whatsoever? That thing is one sharp stop away from breaking someone's windshield, if they're lucky.

And what are those wire thingies on the hooks, as they swing wildly from side-to-side even in a full stop?? They look like a Puerto Rican hooker with noserings, having the crap slapped out of her.

One has gotta love the "caution" tape to the left-side of the truck, which someone thought would be a good idea to put in an outside garbage hold, completely incompatible with the word "caution".

And then, my absolute favourite, is this.



Welcome to Florida you hard-working blue-collar electrician you. Now do something about that road hazard truck of yours, before Coral Gables police throws you into the pokey.

IN THE COMMENTS: Most Sundries commenters think I am way overreacting at the potential for damage. The cheek!

Good pal, Madcynic, says:

TBH, the laws of physics dictate that it would need a sudden acceleration for the cooler to crash into someone's windshield. And somehow this thing does not look like an Audi 5000.

Hmm. My mother always told me Audis were for nouveaux riches, so I wouldn't know, Maltinho. Point taken about the physics, though!

Chickenlittle remarks that they're maybe already on the lam.

Maybe those guys are running from the law, like R. Dean Taylor sang about.

Whereas JAL injects a little Obama drama into the proceedings.

And just how fast would that truck have to be going to dislodge the cooler? If it were in an accident the cooler would not be the problem.

Chill.

Like the rest of the continental US seems to be doing in deference to the Great One's upcoming coronation.

Ack. This reminds me I must hibernate until at least Wednesday.

Labels: , , ,

6 Comments:

  • Busy day, guys! I will post a little more later. :)

    Cheers,
    Victoria

    By Blogger vbspurs, at Sat Jan 17, 02:02:00 pm GMT-5  

  • TBH, the laws of physics dictate that it would need a sudden acceleration for the cooler to crash into someone's windshield.
    And somehow this thing does not look like an Audi 5000.
    And any vehicle heavy enough to sufficiently rock the construction vehicle in a rear-end collision would have its windshield higher up than the projected point of impact.
    Ok, genug klugscheißen für ein Post.

    By Anonymous madcynic, at Sat Jan 17, 02:48:00 pm GMT-5  

  • Maybe those guys are running from the law, like R. Dean Taylor sang about.

    By Blogger chickenlittle, at Sat Jan 17, 07:03:00 pm GMT-5  

  • Oh my dear Victoria. Thou fretest too much. Those "thingies" are just fine dangling there.

    And just how fast would that truck have to be going to dislodge the cooler? If it were in an accident the cooler would not be the problem.

    Chill.

    Like the rest of the continental US seems to be doing in deference to the Great One's upcoming coronation.

    By Blogger JAL, at Sat Jan 17, 11:54:00 pm GMT-5  

  • MY GOD! Am I the only one here who thinks this truck is an accident waiting to happen?!? Am I overreacting?? Someone think of our babies!!

    Hehe. Okay, I'll chill. ;)

    Incidentally, speaking of klugcrapping and coronations, and whatnot, did anyone catch CNN's coverage of The One's whistlestop tour in Baltimore, today?

    I swear I heard Anderson Cooper moan a little. Very nasty, I'm sure.

    I may go into hibernation starting on Monday. ;)

    Cheers,
    Victoria

    By Blogger vbspurs, at Sun Jan 18, 12:17:00 am GMT-5  

  • "...hibernation starting on Monday. ;)..."

    My thoughts exactly.

    By Blogger JAL, at Mon Jan 19, 08:59:00 pm GMT-5  

Post a Comment

Who linked Here:

Create a Link

<< Home


 




Advertise on blogs
British Expat Blog Directory.