The Return Of Snooty Face
President Barack Obama was in Ottawa (aka Iowa) during his first foreign tour this Thursday, when one of his most recognisable "tricks" made a return. Snooty Face is baaaack.
Behold, the arrogant American abroad.

Dude, go to a chiropractor or something.
ADDED: Snootyfacepalooza!







EXIT QUESTION: You think this tendency, perhaps also wholly innocent, will be pointed out negatively by the world, as President George W. Bush's swagger was?
What am I thinking...
IN THE COMMENTS: Birdie Bob is reminded of another politician, with a severely jutting chin.
Whew, I've seen this many times, of course, but I get the willies watching it again, alongside wanting to laugh my head off. He looked like a deranged clown.
At least Obama is just arrogant, not sociopathic.
Behold, the arrogant American abroad.

Dude, go to a chiropractor or something.
ADDED: Snootyfacepalooza!







EXIT QUESTION: You think this tendency, perhaps also wholly innocent, will be pointed out negatively by the world, as President George W. Bush's swagger was?
What am I thinking...
IN THE COMMENTS: Birdie Bob is reminded of another politician, with a severely jutting chin.
Looking at those photos reminded me of the newsreel preening poses of Benito Mussolini. For whatever that's worth.
Whew, I've seen this many times, of course, but I get the willies watching it again, alongside wanting to laugh my head off. He looked like a deranged clown.
At least Obama is just arrogant, not sociopathic.
Labels: Craps-n-Giggles, World Affairs








8 Comments:
With all of the ways he's spectacularly screwed up in his first month of office if he keeps it up, he may not be able to sustain his legions of unquestioning worshippers. Eventually something's going to stick to him.
He's not Dutch Regan, after all.
By
Anonymous, at Fri Feb 20, 08:57:00 am GMT-5
Looking at those photos reminded me of the newsreel preening poses of Benito Mussolini. For whatever that's worth.
By
birdie bob, at Fri Feb 20, 10:16:00 am GMT-5
Pride goes before destruction,
a haughty spirit before a fall.
Proverbs 16:18
By
chickelit, at Fri Feb 20, 12:10:00 pm GMT-5
Mussolini was better at it and "The One" or "Obamessiah" isn't as catchy as "Il Duce". But I can see some similarities there too.
By
Anonymous, at Fri Feb 20, 02:42:00 pm GMT-5
He's got that 'I smelled somethin'' look on his face.
By
Ruth Anne Adams, at Fri Feb 20, 09:47:00 pm GMT-5
"Who-uh farted, eh? You cut-uh one in front of Il Duce, you-uh go to Ethiopia!"
Except for the whole brutal dictator thing, he was pretty funny.
By
Anonymous, at Fri Feb 20, 10:25:00 pm GMT-5
You're reaching Victoria
By
BrotherDarryl, at Sat Feb 21, 12:54:00 am GMT-5
I think I'll add "snooty face" to my repertoire.
Do you shop at Wal-Mart? *snooty face"
Have you been to McDonalds lately? *snooty face*
By
knox, at Sat Feb 21, 08:58:00 am GMT-5
Post a Comment
<< Home