.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sundries
...a sweatshop of moxie

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Paris In Miami

No, not another travellogue, but rather some more star sightings in South Florida.

Seems Missy Paris Hilton was down here on Sunday, promoting her newly-launched fragrance, unsurprisingly named, Paris Hilton.



(What, you were expecting the self-hype-queen to actually be original? And hey, I rather like her. You should see how catty I am when I don't like someone)

And by newly-launched, I mean, Valentines Day 2006 will be its one-year anniversary, exactly.

This kicking fragrance tour took her to Macy's, or what used to be called Burdines department store, in Kendall's Dadeland Mall.

Interestingly, she was accompanied by her parents, and I suppose that means the rumours of her having bought a home in extremely exclusive Fisher Island somewhere, might be true.

My mother claims she sees Paris Hilton shopping at Epicure, at least once a week.

I don't have the heart to break it to her, any wannabe these days, looks and dresses like Paris Hilton. Alas.

But say what you want about her, and many people have much to say about her intelligence (like WMDs, there's no sign of it...yet), but she is a very patient, and kind girl, who stayed for hours at Macy's, autographing little kids' photos of her.

And their dads' Carl Jr. posters, too.

That's nice.

5 Comments:

  • Eh? What's this? I have an extremely exclusive island down there? Well, I must...I wasn't informed! I suppose I'd want to be part of a club that wouldn't inform me I'm a member!

    Let me be the first to say...Victoria, that's hot!

    By Blogger Ron, at Tue Feb 14, 07:33:00 am GMT-5  

  • Eh? What's this? I have an extremely exclusive island down there? Well, I must...I wasn't informed! I suppose I'd want to be part of a club that wouldn't inform me I'm a member!

    Carl Fisher is a Jewish gentleman who came down to Florida during the boom years in the early part of the 20th century.

    He's known as the "Father of Miami Beach", because he single-handedly created this area.

    Like George Merrick (father of Coral Gables), almost everything in Miami Beach is named after him, to honour this achievement.

    And naming the most exclusive island here, home to Crown Prince Felipe of Spain, Julio Iglesias, the Estebans, Andre and Steffi, Pavel Bure and La Kournikova, plus many other stars besides, is par for the course.

    And speaking of courses, Fisher Island is the only place which has a golf course here, that I haven't been able to wangle an invite to play on...yet.

    Even on the super-exclusive Indian River CC course, which once turned down Sly Stallone as member, and includes George HW Bush in their membership roster, I have played on.

    But Fisher Island is a hard nut to crack.

    Maybe you can use your family connexions, Ron?

    Let me be the first to say...Victoria, that's hot!

    Smoking!

    Cheers,
    Victoria

    By Blogger vbspurs, at Tue Feb 14, 12:37:00 pm GMT-5  

  • With your telling of her autograph session Ms Hilton's stock went up a notch for me. I still can't think of her as particularly bright, but these days celebs who are ditzy but nice are a nice change change from the smart but rotten.

    By Blogger Bob, at Tue Feb 14, 12:59:00 pm GMT-5  

  • With your telling of her autograph session Ms Hilton's stock went up a notch for me. I still can't think of her as particularly bright, but these days celebs who are ditzy but nice are a nice change change from the smart but rotten.

    Good one.

    And yes, word around the SoBe club circuit grapevine is that Paris Hilton maybe be catty with her fellow female celebs, but she is NEVER haughty with members of the public.

    It may be her noblesse oblige at work, but this is probably why I like her, too.

    Cheers,
    Victoria

    By Blogger vbspurs, at Tue Feb 14, 01:57:00 pm GMT-5  

  • Ahh...Carl Fisher! The Beastie Boys used to put out a magazine called "Grand Royale", which contained a feature called, "So-an-so: American BadAss!" The two such individuals I recall being profiled are Aaron Burr...and Carl Fisher!

    By Blogger Ron, at Tue Feb 14, 02:28:00 pm GMT-5  

Post a Comment

Who linked Here:

Create a Link

<< Home


 




Advertise on blogs
British Expat Blog Directory.