.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sundries
...a sweatshop of moxie

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Harassing The Crocs



This post could easily have been entitled, "You Know You're In Florida When..." and filled in with whatever comical crocodile reference you wished. 'Cause just thinking of crocs is funny. Not these crocs below, though I grant you, those are funny as in "ludicrous ridiculous pathetic" funny.

I give you, exhibit A. And exhibit W.



I mean, Jack, yes. He's so gone on coke most of the time, he probably doesn't know who dresses him, let alone what his feet are shod in. But the President of the Freaking United States?!

Oh, right. Moving on.

As you can see, we take our long, scaly lizards very seriously here in the State of Florida.

Gone are the days when Janet Reno's mother used to 'rassle' gators in the Redlands, near Homestead, and then host her biddy friends for afternoon tea (no, really, she did. Reno tells the story during the rubber chicken circuits). If anyone outside of the Miccosukee tribe tried that now, they'd be hauled away, Elian-style.

I suppose it's a comfort to know that officialdom are looking out for the crocs, and are adamant no one should molest them, to use the Spanish term. I'm not sure how anyone could without serious bodily harm coming to them, but there we are.

This was taken way over in Pinecrest, where crocs are seen everywhere -- as Fendi handbags.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

  • I can't believe no one, especially my more left-leaning commenters, said anything so far about how ATROCIOUS Dubya looks in this photo.

    You could rip him all day here, and I wouldn't say one word. In fact, I'd join you.

    Consider it a gift for Christmas.

    ;)

    P.S.: Ankle Socks! And is that logo the Jim Beam logoon 'em???

    By Blogger vbspurs, at Tue Dec 23, 11:17:00 am GMT-5  

  • Notice the Barney the dog logo on W's cap. And those ankle socks are gen-u-wine official POTUS socks.

    By Blogger Ruth Anne Adams, at Tue Dec 23, 06:42:00 pm GMT-5  

  • Jack looks like a walking man-boob.

    Bad boy Bush has kind of an Angus Young vibe going there.

    By Blogger chickenlittle, at Wed Dec 24, 01:18:00 am GMT-5  

  • I wear crocs for house shoes. Once I accidentally went somewhere in my brown ones. Wearing white socks. (Which I removed, so as to mitigate the awfulness somewhat.) My little sister was horrified.

    Word verification: implar. I implar you not to burn me at the stake over those awful shoes.

    By Blogger Bekah, at Wed Dec 24, 08:28:00 pm GMT-5  

Post a Comment

Who linked Here:

Create a Link

<< Home


 




Advertise on blogs
British Expat Blog Directory.