.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sundries
...a sweatshop of moxie

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Two Metrosexuals Show Off The Goods

David Beckham barely making a splash at AC Milan over the weekend.



"I'm Barack Obama and I approve this torso"



IN THE COMMENTS: Anonymous Number 1 questions Obama's physique:

Does he really have a six-pack? Also, I'm a straight male, so I can't properly judge these things, but he doesn't look that good to me: he has man-boobs... I mean, eeeww. And no, I'm not jealous. I work out too.

He's okay.

The thing is the world is rivetted by the fact that he's so slim, which appeals to their aristocratic aesthetic. The American aesthetic is more working-class, burly, rippling biceps and hulking shoulders -- that of fireman, not fop.

My father is taller than O and also incredibly slim. Still, he doesn't look this wiry. I think it's the arms and legs that really let Obama down. As a woman, I am not in the least attracted to him (whilst conceding that he's still a decent-looking 47 year-old).

But that's all right, because some in the Italian media definitely are. You'll get the gist of it, I'm sure.

PAPARAZZO IMMORTALA SUPER-OBAMA A TORSO NUDO ALLE HAWAII

[Paparazzo immortalises the shirtless Super-Obama in Hawaii!! Faint!!]

(AGI) - Honolulu, 23 dic. - E' un Barack Obama in splendida forma quello immortalato sulla prima pagina del sito web "amico" dell'Huffington Post. Si vede il 47enne presidente eletto che in un momento di relax nella villa di Kailua Beach dove sta passando le vacanze avanza in calzoncini neri stringendo la maglietta nella mano destra e ostentando pettorali e addominali ben tesi, a testimoniare le tante ore di palestra e basket cui Obama non ha mai rinunciato anche durante la campagna. A fare il colpo e' stato un fotografo dell'agenzia Bauer-Griffin ovviamente con l'autorizzazione dei servizi segreti mentre i gli altri paparazzi sono rimasti a bocca asciutta accontentandosi di immagini meno "forti".

Super Obama...oh, brother.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

  • Incidentally, I was going to say this was a bad PR move on PEOTUS Obama's part -- being seen holidaying on Hawaiian beaches, showing off his six-pack.

    But I forgot the Eleventh Left-Wing Commandment: thou shalt forgive, nay exult, everything in a fellow progressive that you would otherwise condemn, hold demonstrations against, and generally villify in a right-winger.

    Ah, well. I'm sure Michael_H has something to say.

    By Blogger vbspurs, at Tue Dec 23, 01:17:00 am GMT-5  

  • Does he really have a six-pack? Also, I'm a straight male, so I can't properly judge these things, but he doesn't look that good to me: he has man-boobs... I mean, eeeww.

    And no, I'm not jealous. I work out too.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Tue Dec 23, 05:05:00 am GMT-5  

  • Here's the babelfish translation for the italically challenged:

    E' a Barack Obama in splendid form that immortalato on the first page of the situated web " amico" dell' Huffington Post. The elect president looks at itself 47enne who in a moment of relax in the villa of Kailua Beach where he is passing the vacations is left over very in black shortses tightening the T-shirt in the right hand and showing abdominal chest straps and thesis, to testify the many hours of arena and basket which Obama has not never renounced also during the campaign. To make the blow e' be a photographer dell' Bauer-Griffin agency obviously with l' authorization of the intelligence agencies while the others paparazzi are remained disappointed pleasing itself of images less " forti".

    Oh Victoria! you're reeling me in here. Italian was the first language I tried to learn. I say tried, because compared to my German, it's atrocious. I took only a semester before heading to Italy. I picked up much more (they say Italians love Americans- well try being one who's actually trying to speak their language) and that reminds me of so many stories I wouldn't even know where to begin.

    I can read that passage though with some effort. I'm struck by how the melodious flow is punctuated by English words. It reminds in reverse of those little machines with headphones they used to have in Italian cathedrals--the ones you dropped a 100 lira piece into and got a quick narration of something interesting in the church. I always selected "English" and out came a crisp Queen's English narration, punctuated by a few flawlessly pronounced italian words:

    "On your left, and to the right, notice the splendid rendition of chiaroscuro, suffused in the subtle surrounding...."

    Oh please cut me some slack today- I'm checking myself into the rehab called family tomorrow night. I've got to get some things done before. :)

    By Blogger chickenlittle, at Tue Dec 23, 12:51:00 pm GMT-5  

  • As I am wont to say: Why settle for a six pack when you can have the whole keg?

    By Blogger Ron, at Tue Dec 23, 06:30:00 pm GMT-5  

Post a Comment

Who linked Here:

Create a Link

<< Home


 




Advertise on blogs
British Expat Blog Directory.