.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sundries
...a sweatshop of moxie

Sunday, December 21, 2008

Wait, Is That Al Sharpton?

From the man who brought you a nude painting of Governor Sarah Palin, comes the next gubernatorial tuchus to make it unto canvas: embattled Governor Rod Blagojevich of Illinois.

It is described thusly:

The scene imagines Blagojevich handcuffed and wearing an orange jumpsuit pulled down to his knees.

Among the onlookers is a guard, with a look of grim determination, pulling on a rubber glove.

The painting, which is taking Elliott a little over a week to finish, is titled: "The Cavity Search."

(In jailese "with a look of grim determination" = he's looking forward to it)

Bruce Elliot, alleged artist, is doing a series on Naked US Governors.

I guess he's starting with the most notorious ones first -- probably seeking the most publicity possible since, let's be honest, by the time he gets to Haley Barbour, our eyes will begin to glave over (hopefully).

Meanwhile, they will hang in his wife's pub in Chicago, The Raunchy Buttocks. I'm kidding, it's actually called the Old Town Ale House.

For those of you who are interested in how the decor could possibly look inside, here is a photo from the website.

It's an utter dive.



This is precisely how a pub should look like though: dirty, dingy, slightly dangerous. More Islington, than Mayfair -- that's my kind of pub.

Those other expat pubs I absolutely deplore, from their total lack of imagination of being called "The Crown and Thistle" (though let's not forget the plethora of Britannia Arms out there, more accessible than Senate seats for sale) to their undrinkable teas from Twinings, don't get me started!

If you have to place a painting of a nude elected official inside a place, this is the public house in which to do it. Why, I think I'll pay the place a visit, next time I'm in Illinois.

Such happy, pretty, well-dressed people there. I love Americans from the Midwest. They're the most authentic Americans, in my opinion. When they say, "people get the government they deserve", they are surely not talking about Midwesterners.

All I know is, Illinois deserves better than Rod Blagojevich. Don't drop the soap, Helmet Head.

ADDED: I thought long and hard about adding a visual for this post. But this one is too good to pass up, and it's the PG-13 version.



Is it me, or does Blago resemble Elizabeth McGovern from "She's Having a Baby"? Wearing a yarmulke.

I know, let's start a new linking game: Six Degrees to Rod Blagojevich. You have to pay to play, though.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

  • Is it me, or does Blago resemble Elizabeth McGovern from "She's Having a Baby"? Wearing a yarmulke.

    LOL. Dennis Miller says he looks like Janet Reno before you add water.

    By Blogger knox, at Mon Dec 22, 02:19:00 pm GMT-5  

Post a Comment

Who linked Here:

Create a Link

<< Home


 




Advertise on blogs
British Expat Blog Directory.