.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

...a sweatshop of moxie

Tuesday, December 16, 2008


Two photos to tie you guys over, until the mad-rush that is Christmas is over!

You might remember Pope Benedict two years ago, wearing a red bonnet lined with white fur that had him looking uncannily like our "Father Christmas".

(Instead of a cap with a fuzzy tassle, our version wears a pointy hood, although the more Americanised version is taking over)

Well, our beloved Pope continues to amuse, whilst looking amused.

They call this one "Saturno", and don't you think it is well-named? It does look like one of the rings of Saturn plopped down on the infallible noggin.

Incidentally, the Pope has brown eyes, which are quite common in Bavaria, yet this photo makes them look almost caramelly green. I hope he doesn't have cataracts.

Yes, Pope Benedict's face is one of the gentlest faces I have ever seen on any person, male or female. He's so darling.

Labels: , ,


  • Our kids' Nanny has met in person our last two popes. She informs me that this pope has the hands of one who has never done manual labor. They returned from their Vatican audience in October. Incidentally, she was meeting JPII when my girls were hospitalized and gravely ill in October 2003 and they experienced miraculous turn-arounds. Hmmm...

    By Blogger Ruth Anne Adams, at Wed Dec 17, 08:12:00 am GMT-5  

  • How young are you?
    How old am I?
    Let's count the rings around my eyes
    How smart are you?
    How dumb am I?
    Don't count any of my advice

    The Replacements (I Will Dare)

    Did you happen to see Spengler's "Benedict XVI is magnificently right?"
    The past 8 years or so in California have been interesting to say the least in economic terms. We've all seen the fallout of the housing market and my own neck of the woods has had some spectacular lessons on ethics and economy. Our family has avoided losses and hardship (so far) by resisting temptation.

    By Blogger chickenlittle, at Wed Dec 17, 11:55:00 am GMT-5  

  • I adore this Pope, and really admired the last as well, and I'm not Catholic.

    I happened to be in NYC in April when he was visiting. I couldn't get close, and my friend didn't want to go anyway...but just walking around the city, I saw a lot of barricades, and areas for...protesters(?!) Some of the signs were beyond awful, btw.

    I treated these people with my best look of disgust, trust me.

    Anyway, thanks for the photo!

    By Blogger Darcy, at Wed Dec 17, 09:17:00 pm GMT-5  

  • In this case, then, would one of his moons be Titian, not Titan?

    By Blogger Ron, at Thu Dec 18, 01:04:00 am GMT-5  

Post a Comment

Who linked Here:

Create a Link

<< Home


Advertise on blogs
British Expat Blog Directory.