.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sundries
...a sweatshop of moxie

Sunday, January 18, 2009

Sic Transit Gloria



Future First-Lady Michelle Obama greets Future Vice-President Joe Biden, as Future President Barack Obama steps off his Lincolnesque train.

Actually, you know, I love trains and I appreciate the gesture of bringing them back into American cultural consciousness. To think that the last time a train journey meant so much in our history, was Robert F. Kennedy's slain corpse riding back from California to New York, says a lot.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

  • I love trains and I appreciate the gesture of bringing them back into American cultural consciousness

    I just finishing watching The Hindenburg Disaster, a 2004 documentary. Now that was traveling in style. I wish the Germans would bring them back (the helium version). I also hope the first few months of the new administration doesn't go down like a lead Zeppelin.

    Out here in CA, we voters recently approved proposition 1A to link San Francisco with Disneyland by high speed rail (actually, I think it was a measure to sell bonds to cover the costs). I voted for it because I like trains too, but somebody has to knock some fiscal sense into us first. So far, I'm not seeing it

    By Blogger chickenlittle, at Sun Jan 18, 03:09:00 pm GMT-5  

Post a Comment

Who linked Here:

Create a Link

<< Home


 




Advertise on blogs
British Expat Blog Directory.