.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

...a sweatshop of moxie

Wednesday, April 06, 2005


Late Tuesday, when she got home, my mother told me she had had a word with Dr. Mas -- the youngest of the medical doctors in my dad's clinic. Recently married, with a baby son, he told my mother how much he would like to go to Rome, and see the Pope one last time.

"But why don't you? You're young. You're healthy. You're well off. What's the problem? Go!".

So he did.

The other physicians are covering for him, including my father, who is not in the best of health, but they all understand, he's going for us all.

I can't wait to hear if he got to go inside St. Peter's or at least, stand outside for the funeral.


  • Great! Sometimes it's that simple.

    By Blogger JSU, at Sun Apr 10, 04:02:00 pm GMT-4  

  • Sometimes it is.

    Then, I realised our own great greatest barriers are not necessarily money, or time, or space, but our own personalities.

    My mother told me, why didn't his wife tell him, "Let's go!".

    "Why did he have to wait for someone like me to give him a push in the right direction?".

    This is why my dad is married to the perfect woman, since without her, he couldn't have done half as much as he has in life.

    P.S.: This fact reminds me of another person, who didn't have to be told to attend the lying-in-state of Ronald Reagan, JSU.


    By Blogger vbspurs, at Mon Apr 11, 01:20:00 pm GMT-4  

Post a Comment

Who linked Here:

Create a Link

<< Home


Advertise on blogs
British Expat Blog Directory.