.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sundries
...a sweatshop of moxie

Monday, February 12, 2007

Zingerman's

Man, when it rains it pours, and I'm not talking of the dismal rain we in SoFla are experiencing today.

Ron, my Fluffy Stuffin' colleague, has posted a rebuttal piece on Zingerman's market to my Fresh Market travellogue, similar to Internet Ronin's post below.

As he puts it, as inimitably as ever:

Zing's is not an airport hanger of a market, but rather a small corner, which, over time, has become an every bigger corner. They also go to great pains to makes some of their own goods in a bakery, a creamery, a coffee roaster...hell, they probably make zeppelins somewhere in town!

God, the cheeses, the cheeses, I think I'm in lust.

Of all the views Ron provides of the inside of Zing's, this rather intimate shot, is my favourite. I can feel my tongue running through those flavourful blue veins, right now.





Beaujolais Blue? I want some now!

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

  • I may take more cheesy pics for you! maybe get them to line some up!

    Oh, and the deli sandwiches? Even my New Yorkers like them...

    By Blogger Ron, at Mon Feb 12, 03:47:00 pm GMT-5  

  • I may take more cheesy pics for you!

    Cheesecake, Ron, cheesecake.

    Channel your inner Grable.

    maybe get them to line some up!

    Wow, could you do that? That would be nice.

    Either stacked, or Nuremberg rally style, don't matter none to me.

    Oh, and the deli sandwiches?

    Yes.........? Mmm......

    Even my New Yorkers like them...

    How many New Yorkers do you have -- strung up in chains, in a sealed lined room inside your apartment, inside a vat of clorox?

    No, wait, I think I'm channelling my inner J-Lo in that pic about serial killers.

    Cheers,
    Victoria

    By Blogger vbspurs, at Mon Feb 12, 04:00:00 pm GMT-5  

  • Zing's looks great! Seeing the chorizos made me hungry! I can't wait to see the breads!

    By Blogger Jose Aguirre, at Mon Feb 12, 04:05:00 pm GMT-5  

  • I mean, luv, the deli sandwiches are fantastic...I can even take highly skeptical New Yorkers and they don't complain...

    Maybe I'll score pics here as well!

    Thanks for the kind words, Jose, I'll go down to the Zings bakehouse soon, and catch them in action.

    By Blogger Ron, at Mon Feb 12, 04:19:00 pm GMT-5  

  • Zing's looks great! Seeing the chorizos made me hungry! I can't wait to see the breads!

    Ay, garbanzos con chorizos...thanks a lot, Jose. Now I'm hungry before going to bed!

    And I too can't wait for the bread section. I love being all anti-Atkins.

    Cheers,
    Victoria

    By Blogger vbspurs, at Tue Feb 13, 12:09:00 am GMT-5  

  • Well, so I just uhm stumbled upon your blog (yeah right) and I gotta say: Posting pictures of Roquefort cheese is SO mean, how could you, eh?
    *sob*
    I think I need to get me some at the local supermarché tonight. And that's all your fault. Now there.

    By Blogger madcynic, at Fri Feb 23, 09:36:00 am GMT-5  

Post a Comment

Who linked Here:

Create a Link

<< Home


 




Advertise on blogs
British Expat Blog Directory.