.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sundries
...a sweatshop of moxie

Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Rico Suave




What is wrong with this photo? Actually, I mean, what is right with it?

From the rico suave type next to her, sporting the dizzying low-rent tats, to her skeletal form (surely she can't still have the two Taco Bells per week, that her fitness instructor allowed her to have), I just look at this and say: thankfully, she and I are worlds apart, without one degree of separation making us come closer any day, soon.

I was thunderstruck to find out that Nicole Ritchie had actually attended the University of Arizona, back in the day. That's actually a reputable school, isn't it?

I can only presume Barbizon had turned her down, and dad Lionel bought the Wildcats a new Taco Bell stand in the school cafe, to let her in.

Labels:

5 Comments:

  • Isn't that dude Anthony Keedis from the Red Hot Chili Peppers? Maybe a wannabe... Does the bottom of Nicole's bikini look like it comes from a Jiffy Pop Popcorn metal foil thingee? Looks like she's popped already! ewww...

    By Blogger Ron, at Wed Mar 07, 02:15:00 am GMT-5  

  • Isn't that dude Anthony Keedis from the Red Hot Chili Peppers?

    Good heavens, is it?? If he's the one known as Fly or Flea, whatever, then I do believe I once asked for his autograph in CocoWalk mall, at the Wet Willie's here in Coconut Grove, once...small world.

    (I did so for a friend, who was shy. I know beans about RHCP)

    Maybe a wannabe... Does the bottom of Nicole's bikini look like it comes from a Jiffy Pop Popcorn metal foil thingee? Looks like she's popped already! ewww...

    LOL! Jiffy Pop. Now that you mention it, and how happy I am that you did...YES.

    Cheers,
    Victoria

    By Blogger vbspurs, at Wed Mar 07, 01:17:00 pm GMT-5  

  • No, Flea is the blond,curly-haired bass player of RHCP, and a good one! There's a great Rimitti album (Moroccan Rai singer) named Sidi Mousour (sp.) with Flea, Robert Fripp, (from King Crimson) East Bay Ray (from the Dead Kennedys) backing her up! Great stuff!

    By Blogger Ron, at Wed Mar 07, 03:40:00 pm GMT-5  

  • Great stuff!

    You teach me so much, Ron! I love it.

    (No clue about any of the people you mentioned, but I shall look them up. I do know of an Egyptian singer of legend, who died recently, and who was analogous to Judy Garland/Edith Piaf in the Middle East, but I doubt that is she?)

    Cheers,
    Victoria

    By Blogger vbspurs, at Wed Mar 07, 11:55:00 pm GMT-5  

  • Rimitti is interesting because she kind of led a cultural 'counterrevolution' against attempts of jihadists to overthrow Moroccan government and culture, through her passionate singing...

    cool idea!

    By Blogger Ron, at Thu Mar 08, 01:34:00 am GMT-5  

Post a Comment

Who linked Here:

Create a Link

<< Home


 




Advertise on blogs
British Expat Blog Directory.