.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sundries
...a sweatshop of moxie

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

McCain Does A Number On Streisand

As Senator Obama gets crooned in a Barbara Streisand-sponsored $30,000 per plate fundraiser in Beverly Hills, John McCain fired back today.

Yes, this 100% real. An old McCain Saturday Night Live appearance, taking on the Democratic Diva.

john mccain does streisand


(Via HillaryClintonForums)

"Papa can you hear me! Papa can you see me! Pretty annoying, huh? Now, you know how I feel!"

Oh God, I'm laughing so hard. What a trooper. He can even poke fun at himself. I'd like to see Obama do THAT.

UPDATE: Well, someone is paying attention to blogs. This actually made Brit Hume's "Yucks" segment (as I call it) on the 6 PM newscast!

Related

McCain In Miami At The Inter-Continental Hotel Fundraiser

Labels: , ,

8 Comments:

  • Precient, right down to the Alaskan wildlife preserves! LOLing. I wish they'd make this ad and modify the "I'm John McCain and I did approve of this when I did it 15 years ago, but now it's just embarassing."

    By Blogger Ruth Anne Adams, at Wed Sep 17, 01:05:00 am GMT-4  

  • I thought of the Alaskan line too when I was LOLing! :)

    Glad you enjoyed it, Ruth Anne. It's been a while since we chatted too...

    Cheers,
    Victoria

    By Blogger vbspurs, at Wed Sep 17, 01:10:00 am GMT-4  

  • What a kick! Thanks, Victoria. Obama is so humourless, that when we see something like this from McCain, it makes the difference between them that much more striking.

    By Blogger Hector Owen, at Wed Sep 17, 03:43:00 am GMT-4  

  • Hector nailed it: Obama is humorless.

    This was great! It would make a very effective and funny campaign ad, but I doubt SNL would allow its use.

    Odd how we all thought Bob Dole was humorless until after he lost the election. Then he was invited on talk shows and made people laugh. He was actually a very funny man. McCain proved his own humor before the election.

    Obama? Not at all.

    By Blogger benning, at Wed Sep 17, 07:22:00 am GMT-4  

  • I think I saw that before, but thanks for the reminder. That is an absolute hoot!

    "Pretty annoying, huh? Now you know how I feel."

    "Perfect for Streisand fans and Log Cabin Republicans."

    I'm still laughing.

    If you like good self-satire, check out Lark News, a Christian parody site. It's spot on.

    By Blogger Pastor_Jeff, at Wed Sep 17, 10:30:00 am GMT-4  

  • fookin' hilarious. Thank you!

    By Blogger chickenlittle, at Wed Sep 17, 02:06:00 pm GMT-4  

  • Pastor Jeff: I'm thinking I might buy me that "My Church is Bigger Than Your Church" t-shirt just for giggles. It could go with my "White & Nerdy" hoody.

    By Blogger Ruth Anne Adams, at Wed Sep 17, 05:21:00 pm GMT-4  

  • Blogger is acting stupid right now. Whenever I update the post with both a comment or a newer link to the video (the old one was deleted), it reverts to an old post.

    Stay tuned. I'll be blogging on the Palin Hannity interview later.

    Cheers,
    Victoria

    By Blogger vbspurs, at Wed Sep 17, 07:22:00 pm GMT-4  

Post a Comment

Who linked Here:

Create a Link

<< Home


 




Advertise on blogs
British Expat Blog Directory.