.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

...a sweatshop of moxie

Thursday, October 16, 2008

Dude, I Am So Excited

The McCain rally was pressing on my mind, even during a movie I was watching earlier.

(Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist, in case you wonder. I loved it)

I have tried looking for a red top, as requested by the McCain website, but alas, I can only find red boots. They are ankle-high suede boots and I have a killer outfit to go with it, but I fear getting them mussed.

So I'm off to find maybe a red t-shirt, as I'm sure FIU crowd will not be dressed to the nines.

Speaking of which, guess who was in Bangor, Maine on Thursday, walking around with these hotcha mama black boots?

Hey, remember when Governor Palin was rolled out as the VP nominee in August, and Liberals were outraged? They said, "If McCain wanted a woman, why didn't he pick Kay Bailey Hutchison or Olympia Snowe of Maine??".

Looking at the photo below, I think we know one of the reasons why not.

Here is a woman unfraid of looking like the absolutely stunning physical specimen she is. She doesn't hide her feminity under prioress garb like Senator Snowe. She struts her knee-high black boots like Condi Rice inspecting the troops.

You know, I might just wear those red boots after all.

Labels: , ,


  • Wear them!

    Dear Lord, it's a wonder all the ice caps haven't melted away with her up there!

    By Blogger Bekah, at Thu Oct 16, 10:21:00 pm GMT-4  

  • I recommend choosing comfort over fashion. It might be a long wait. Here's how to get noticed--watch McCain's performance tonight on Letterman and at the Al Smith dinner and craft your own unique sign. Guaranteed to get you noticed. Also: Take sour cream and onion chips for Cindy and FRESH beer. She can't resist.

    By Blogger Ruth Anne Adams, at Thu Oct 16, 11:15:00 pm GMT-4  

  • See if you can find one of these t-shirts:


    in red.

    Have your personal Elvis impersonator cover Blue Suede Shoes substituting red for blue throughout the song. If someone comes too close play the song.

    By Blogger Oxbay, at Fri Oct 17, 08:32:00 am GMT-4  

  • Hmmm, governatrix indeed! Hot!!

    By Blogger ElcubanitoKC, at Fri Oct 17, 09:41:00 am GMT-4  

  • OMG. I can't breathe.

    You will never believe this. I am crying my eyes out and so thrilled. I sent the same letter to a few places besides the Arkansas papers, including The Frontiersman--the newspaper for Gov. Palin's hometown of Wasilla, AK.

    An Alaskan woman just posted on my Youtube vid that there was a lovely article about the story behind it in her paper this morning, and sent me a link when I messaged her about it.


    They printed my whole letter. Oh my gosh.

    They never wrote me back, so I just assumed they weren't interested. I'm going to go hyperventilate now.

    By Blogger Bekah, at Fri Oct 17, 03:33:00 pm GMT-4  

  • Well, yes, WOW. But give Snowe a break, though, wouldja please, Victoria? She is 61 years old or something along those lines and, if I am looking as good as she does in a trim little outfit at that age, then I'll be feeling okay. Form-fitting red and knee-high black boots don't play quite as well for somebody in Snowe's age group as they do for the younger Palin. It's not so easy for any woman to stand up next to Ms. Palin. Snowe's earned the right to respect. Let's not short-change her.

    By Blogger mrs whatsit, at Fri Oct 17, 09:34:00 pm GMT-4  

  • Olympia Snowe is 61, a generation away from Palin. She'd look ghastly if she dressed like Palin. It's obviously not her personal style. Personally i think Snowe is lovely and has a first class intellect..


    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Sat Oct 18, 02:10:00 am GMT-4  

  • Guys, please forgive me if I sounded overly harsh towards Senator Snowe.

    I know she's an older lady, and has a personally more sober style.

    That's great for her, but I also don't think one should be apologetic for liking a woman who shows she's unafraid to be extra feminine and in a high-powered position.

    This is as much to do with Governor Palin's looks (which seems to be the emphasis put on by the commenters), as her personal style (the latter of which was my point).

    This is her "breath of fresh air"iness at work.

    She is showing an alternative way of projecting herself, and frankly, I happen to admire that.

    Hope that clarifies my viewpoint on this.


    By Blogger vbspurs, at Sat Oct 18, 02:51:00 am GMT-4  

Post a Comment

Who linked Here:

Create a Link

<< Home


Advertise on blogs
British Expat Blog Directory.