.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

...a sweatshop of moxie

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Rudolph The Red-Nosed Escalade

Do you have cars dressed in Christmassy themes where you live too? I hover between amusement and calling the guys in the white shirts to haul the owners away.

Labels: , ,


  • OT (but):

    Let's help out Detroit. How many names for cars are not taken?

    Dasher (VW, taken)
    Dancer (gay)
    Prancer (totally gay)
    Vixen (guy, paging Russ Meyer)
    Comet (taken, Ford)
    Cupid (also gay, but has potential as "ladies" car)
    Donner (taken, sort of: Ford Thunderbird)
    Blitzen (totally guy, but kinda close to Chevy Volt)

    By Blogger chickenlittle, at Tue Dec 23, 03:20:00 am GMT-5  

  • Nice one!

    Vixen sounds like a total chick car name to me, something Lesbaru should think of manufacturing next time.

    Blitzen, I like, though it has that rhyming potential so unfortunate in the English language (Blitzen Sh*tzen, etc.).

    I know it's apocryphal now that I've been to Snopes, but remember that the Ford Nova didn't sell in South America due to its name (no va - doesn't go).

    Given the precarious state of the automotive industry, can we take a chance? ;)

    Incidentally, the other day my parents and I were reminiscing about all the cars we've had throughout the years.

    One was the extremely fast, sporty-looking Dodge Charger.

    Piece of Blitzen.


    By Blogger vbspurs, at Tue Dec 23, 11:13:00 am GMT-5  

  • Vixen sounds like a total chick car name..

    Duh-I didn't even offer a viable option to half the driving population-good thing I'm not in marketing.

    "Dancer" wouldn't be such a bad name either.

    I heard that "No va" story years ago (but regarding Mexico). Who knows? Makes good copy for somebody though, probably Ford salesperson.

    BTW, do you know what GTO really stands for? No, not the urban legend. It's Gran Turismo Omologato. I think Ferrari used it originally. When I got back from Italy, my older brother (the real gearhead of the family) asked me all up and down about that one.

    Piece of Blitzen

    I see 'em on cars everywhere out here.

    By Blogger chickenlittle, at Wed Dec 24, 01:08:00 am GMT-5  

Post a Comment

Who linked Here:

Create a Link

<< Home


Advertise on blogs
British Expat Blog Directory.