.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sundries
...a sweatshop of moxie

Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Wartime Golfing



That's President-Elect Obama hitting the links in Kailua, Hawaii, where he and his family are spending twelve restful days this holiday season. I do not begrudge him his golf. In fact, I'm glad he plays it, since I don't play basketball and now feel I have at least one sport in common with him.

But you know, the much maligned President Bush admitted he gave up golf because it was unseemly for the US President to be golfing in war-time. Liberals derided him at length for this admission. Nevertheless, I appreciated the gesture.

Do you think President Obama will make that "sacrifice" when his turn really comes? How about any sacrifice, if not golf?

I don't see it happening.

P.S.: The veteran of many a golfing tutorial, I know his downswing looks great in this photo. I wonder what his handicap is. I think my personal best was 12 (from the ladies' tees, though).

Notice anything else? He swings Lefty, like me. I'm naturally right-handed, but whenever I need two hands on sporting equipment, like bats or clubs, I favour my left side -- like Bob Charles and Phil Mickelson.

In his case, he is naturally left-handed, so he doesn't have that mirror effect.

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

  • I'll bet you $20 he gives up shorts!

    By Blogger chickenlittle, at Wed Dec 24, 02:37:00 am GMT-5  

  • First the chest, now the bare legs. I see more of Obama's bod, than of my own boyfriend's...

    Cheers,
    Victoria

    By Blogger vbspurs, at Wed Dec 24, 02:52:00 am GMT-5  

  • Vic, you want we should have a "talk" with this so-called paramour? Where is the love, I tell ya!

    By Blogger Ron, at Wed Dec 24, 03:47:00 am GMT-5  

  • Do you think President Obama will make that "sacrifice" when his turn really comes? How about any sacrifice, if not golf?

    I don't see it happening.


    Why should he? He didn't initiate any of the wars we're involved in. Bush did.

    On another note...

    Merry Christmas to you and yours Victoria! Wishing you the best and a happy, healthy new year. Even if I don't always agree with everything, I appreciate and respect all your insightful, funny, and smart work here on Sundries.

    By Blogger Zachary Paul Sire, at Wed Dec 24, 03:27:00 pm GMT-5  

  • Ok being someone who can't see any reason to ruin a perfectly good walk, or add meaningless effort to drinking.........how about a non-golfer's explanation of what "handicap" actually is???

    By Anonymous Jim, at Wed Dec 24, 07:50:00 pm GMT-5  

  • "Why should he? He didn't initiate any of the wars we're involved in. Bush did."

    And here I'd thought the actions of 19 evil Muslim men had something to do with why we're in Afghanistan. How little I knew!

    By Blogger JSU, at Fri Dec 26, 01:19:00 am GMT-5  

  • I see more of Obama's bod, than of my own boyfriend's...

    That just ain't right; he should be filling your mailbox with photos and missives!

    By Blogger chickenlittle, at Fri Dec 26, 01:23:00 pm GMT-5  

Post a Comment

Who linked Here:

Create a Link

<< Home


 




Advertise on blogs
British Expat Blog Directory.