.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sundries
...a sweatshop of moxie

Friday, January 02, 2009

Smokes

Not being a smoker, I have no earthly idea if these prices are cheap as chips for a carton of ciggies, or if they're just average.

I leave it to my smoking Sundries' readers to enlighten us.



BACKGROUND: I took this photo at a super-cheap, no-name gas station in the far side of the boonies. One more step, and I'd have been in the Keys, capiche.

Now, I don't know how inexpensive premium gas is around you, but this was the cheapest price I have found in SoFla. $1.79 per gallon. Woo!

I don't think I recall prices this cheap since at least Gulf War Part 1.

ADDENDUM: Oh snap. Half a carton? I had no idea Americans did that here. In South America, street vendors open up a pack, and sell the cigarettes individually at a 50% markup each. That I always found very clever, as well as rather sad.

No bumming of smokes there, that's for sure.

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

  • I confess that I smoke blog. i've been trying to quit, but I'm afraid that I'm addicted.

    By Blogger chickenlittle, at Fri Jan 02, 04:43:00 am GMT-5  

  • I got petrol for $1.62...

    No smoking for me, either!

    By Blogger Ron, at Fri Jan 02, 08:28:00 am GMT-5  

  • Chickenlittle:

    Today is an Althouse kind of day (just having posted over there about the New Year's post where people mentioned me, weirdly enough).

    That "smoke blog" quote of Ann's is amazingly good. I actually used it on LGF once, when I posted there during the elections. It made the revolving title!

    (I made sure I mentioned it was Althouse's not mine, though)

    Cheers,
    Victoria

    By Blogger vbspurs, at Fri Jan 02, 02:42:00 pm GMT-5  

  • Ron, that's dirt cheap. How come we're so expensive down here? Dammit.

    (I remember you don't smoke :)

    Cheers,
    Victoria

    By Blogger vbspurs, at Fri Jan 02, 02:43:00 pm GMT-5  

  • Today is an Althouse kind of day (just having posted over there about the New Year's post where people mentioned me, weirdly enough).

    I saw the Althouse post where everybody was talking about you, but I didn't see your comment there today. I'll look for it later. I'm kinda busy today.

    I miss you over at Althouse too, but I really like what you've got going over here. :)

    By Blogger chickenlittle, at Fri Jan 02, 06:01:00 pm GMT-5  

  • I saw the Althouse post where everybody was talking about you, but I didn't see your comment there today. I'll look for it later. I'm kinda busy today.

    She deleted it, with a rather dismissive tone. OT was never a problem before, though I understand it can get boggy if done too much.

    I miss you over at Althouse too, but I really like what you've got going over here. :)

    Thanks CL! :)

    I'll go back to Althouse. That's more promise than threat. *g*

    I also like what I got going here. The commenters on Sundries make it a very cosy place.

    By Blogger vbspurs, at Sat Jan 03, 12:01:00 pm GMT-5  

Post a Comment

Who linked Here:

Create a Link

<< Home


 




Advertise on blogs
British Expat Blog Directory.