.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

...a sweatshop of moxie

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Resolution Revealed

Most of us have one recurring resolution for any New Year -- to shed some of those excess pounds we've picked up the year before.

Me, I was hitting the gym hard back in August, and was almost where I wanted to be, but La Palin's nomination derailed that as I turned Sundries into an one-woman Governor Palin cheering section. My workouts suffered.

Perhaps it's just as well, given the fact that some of us cannot stop at 20-30 lbs; take Donatella Versace here, seen sunning herself in St. Barths yesterday.

(I warn you, once you start looking, you can't stop)

My 2009 New Year's Resolution? When you get to 53 years of age, do not look like Donatella Versace. Ever. Cheeseburgers, good.

Labels: , , ,


  • Egads, if she filed for reparations from the Third Reich, she'd get them! Ick!

    By Blogger Ron, at Wed Dec 31, 06:36:00 pm GMT-5  

  • She's 53?

    She probably looks better in clothes but... it can't be healthy. It isn't.

    I still think I'm going to try, though, because I'm very afraid that I've enough extra weight to be unhealthy the other direction.

    But hopefully not enough that I start to look old rather than heavy. I met someone just a few days ago who insisted that I couldn't be the mother of the 17 year old I was sitting next to.

    That's sort of fun.

    By Blogger Synova, at Wed Dec 31, 10:42:00 pm GMT-5  

  • Meanwhile, I was offered the senior citizens deal at a restaurant today.


    By Blogger blake, at Thu Jan 01, 06:45:00 am GMT-5  

  • Egads, if she filed for reparations from the Third Reich, she'd get them! Ick!

    I was thinking something like that Ron, but you put it to words--touche'

    By Blogger chickenlittle, at Thu Jan 01, 02:06:00 pm GMT-5  

  • augh, my eyes!

    By Blogger knox, at Thu Jan 01, 02:50:00 pm GMT-5  

  • Uh... did she get breast implants sometime in her life?

    By Anonymous alcibiades, at Thu Jan 01, 09:48:00 pm GMT-5  

Post a Comment

Who linked Here:

Create a Link

<< Home


Advertise on blogs
British Expat Blog Directory.