.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

...a sweatshop of moxie

Saturday, November 22, 2008

Sundries Vac And Media Turkeys

I am going to take a few days off, as Thanksgiving Day and family anniversaries interrupt my online activities. I will definitely be back for Thanksgiving, to wish all Sundries readers a very happy gobble-gobble day. Please keep checking for updates!

P.S.: Mmm. Turkey. I mean, ugh, David Shuster = Turkey.

Labels: , ,


  • Have a sweet Thanksgiving Vic! ("Sarah Sundries")

    I hope all family members are well, and near for you to have a good family holiday! :)

    By Blogger Ron, at Sat Nov 22, 07:28:00 am GMT-5  

  • New Palin scandal:

    1) Palin wears Burberry!! Diva!!

    2) Palin wears fake Burberry!! Gauche!!

    3) Palin wears cheap scarf!! Unbecoming a governor!!

    4) Palin without scarf!! In Alaska!! Sets wrong example!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Sat Nov 22, 09:30:00 am GMT-5  

  • Have a blessed time with your families, all Sundies folks.

    As for Palin's video -- I was literally falling off my couch laughing out loud reading Althouse's commenters.

    "Oblivious to the carnage" ?
    Just another day at the turkey farm in Wasilla, media elite guys ....

    But back to serious celebratory business -- the Pilgrims were a unique and courageous group. Let's remember them and what motivated them, and honor this great experiment they started.

    By Blogger JAL, at Sat Nov 22, 10:41:00 am GMT-5  

  • Powerline's great take on the Palin turkey video left me in stitches:

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Sat Nov 22, 11:29:00 am GMT-5  

  • Powerline's great take on the Palin turkey video left me in stitches:

    This whole hoopla is another chapter in the sad story of city folk not understanding where their bread and butter come from.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Sat Nov 22, 11:33:00 am GMT-5  

  • It's not "Turkey Carnage", it's "Turkey Harvesting".

    Anyone who eats meat can't complain.

    And anyone who doesn't eat meat needs to pull the stick out of their butts. (This generally only applies to American vegetarians for some strange reason.)

    By Anonymous Alcibiades, at Sat Nov 22, 05:46:00 pm GMT-5  

  • Ugh! I stopped watching MSPMS precisely because of Shuster, Olbermann and Matthews ... it just got old and I was not getting that tingle up my leg . . .

    Have a blessed Thanksgiving Victoria and to your readers!

    By Blogger Ms Calabaza, at Sat Nov 22, 07:15:00 pm GMT-5  

  • This comment has been removed by the author.

    By Blogger Ms Calabaza, at Sat Nov 22, 07:16:00 pm GMT-5  

  • Happy Thanksgiving, Victoria.

    I always figured that Thanksgiving was the perfect immigrant's holiday. :-)

    By Blogger Synova, at Sat Nov 22, 11:16:00 pm GMT-5  

  • From Althouse's comments:

    I watched this on TV last night (because I am unhappy), and David Schuster reported that Palin was asked point blank if she wanted to do the interview in front of the slaughtering, and she in fact said "No worries," so it's not as if she was oblivious. She knew exactly what she was doing, which either makes her more of a complete whack job or more of a total bad ass.


    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Sun Nov 23, 07:39:00 am GMT-5  

  • Happy Turkey Day, Vic and family. I am watching NBC (Tom Brokaw) in preparation for more news about President-Elect Obama's new cabinet.

    It was asked of Mr. Brokaw if PE Obama is pulling a page from FDR's playbook.

    What I find is so disconcerting is that Wall Street LOVES this news and the stock market will rebound. Kinda makes me wonder whatever happened to the laws of supply and demand.

    I predict, he'll bail the Big 3 automakers. They need to just let 'em regroup. And...why don't they start making station wagons again?

    Thanks for sharing the video of Sarah Palin and the Turkey Carnage. That's what turkeys are raised for folks....our Thanksgiving Day table.

    Gobble, gobble!!

    Peggy DaValt

    By Blogger Peggy Gero DaValt, at Sun Nov 23, 10:12:00 am GMT-5  

  • This past summer I showed my kids how to kill and gut fish--they watched transfixed as I conked each fish on the head with a rock and cut the entrails out--this was the biggest living thing either had seen deliberately butchered. At the end of the day they both ate the fish and they didn't lose any respect for me.

    The majority of Americans who saw this video will still eat their turkey.

    bon appetit!

    By Blogger chickenlittle, at Sun Nov 23, 11:29:00 am GMT-5  

  • Happy Thanksgiving, Vic!

    That video is hilarious, and made me hungry for turkey. Oh noes, I am heartless!

    By Blogger Bekah, at Sun Nov 23, 12:54:00 pm GMT-5  

  • Thank you, guys!! I miss you all so much. Hope you are all hale and hearty -- please gobble up your turkey today! I'll be back shortly. :)


    By Blogger vbspurs, at Thu Nov 27, 01:29:00 am GMT-5  

Post a Comment

Who linked Here:

Create a Link

<< Home


Advertise on blogs
British Expat Blog Directory.