.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sundries
...a sweatshop of moxie

Saturday, January 03, 2009

Like Father, Like Son

You'd have thought the ruckus heard about Prince William's "new look" as he attended Christmas services, had to do with an awful scar he had gotten on his face, having fallen off playing polo or something.

But no, it's just that the swooning biddies around the world (and some fluttering gays) didn't approve of the handsome Prince's new beard.



What's the problem?

All the males in his family have had a beard at some point. His father was actually bettered by a 'tache and beard back in the day. The impetus was the same as William's -- various military attachments.



In fact, when Prince William's grandfather Prince Philip came back from a lengthy naval escapade in 1956, rumoured to have been spurred on by a type of crisis in his marriage, the Queen and the entire Court which greeted him as he disembarked, were wearing fuzzy blond beards by her command.

(The National Enquirer would've paid a fortune for those snaps)

I don't think he looks that bad. At least it's not ginger, like his brother's would've been...

IN THE COMMENTS: Chickenlittle asked:

Anybody else notice the blurred-out (but otherwise fetching) blonde fawning over the prince in that photo?

That pose is one Tom Jones would know well, just before he had some pants thrown at him.

JSU echoes my thoughts on the Pragger-Wagger.

Chuck looked better with the stache.

I heard this in a movie or perhaps in the comments section of another blog, but a man said that he believes all women go through at least one utterly "hot phase" in their lives -- even the homely girls.

I find that was the case for Prince Charles with the moustache. For a second there, he was almost positively handsome in a dashing, cavalry officer, Errol Flynn type of way.

Labels: ,

10 Comments:

  • It makes him look older, which I'm sure was the idea... a visual break to differentiate a young man from an adult.

    I think it looks good.

    By Blogger Synova, at Sat Jan 03, 04:14:00 am GMT-5  

  • I agree. I like it!

    By Blogger Ms Calabaza, at Sat Jan 03, 08:48:00 am GMT-5  

  • I also like it. I think he looks better.

    By Blogger Freeman Hunt, at Sat Jan 03, 11:11:00 am GMT-5  

  • That's 4 ladies on Sundries, including me, saying they like it.

    That leaves Perez Hilton who hates it, and he's a just lady wannabe. ;)

    (I actually have met him -- he's from down here)

    Cheers,
    Victoria

    By Blogger vbspurs, at Sat Jan 03, 11:49:00 am GMT-5  

  • It think it makes him look guy.
    I've occasionally sported a beard myself-my wife likes it and calls me "Bluto", because it grows in black, unlike my hair color.
    I recently ditched it though because, despite the perks, I got tired of looking older and distinguished.

    By Blogger chickenlittle, at Sat Jan 03, 12:15:00 pm GMT-5  

  • Oh, I'm delighted you mention that, Chickenlittle, because I was going to say that William is the only blond guy I've seen whose beard doesn't come out darker, or lighter, or indeed, a totally different shade than his normal hair up top.

    My father is a blond, but when he doesn't shave, it comes out red.

    But that is also true of my brunette haired cousin, Reg, who has a blond beard when he grows it out.

    Prince William's beard is identical either way.

    Cheers,
    Victoria

    By Blogger vbspurs, at Sat Jan 03, 12:19:00 pm GMT-5  

  • Anybody else notice the blurred-out (but otherwise fetching) blonde fawning over the prince in that photo?

    By Blogger chickenlittle, at Sat Jan 03, 12:48:00 pm GMT-5  

  • Chuck looked better with the stache.

    By Blogger JSU, at Sat Jan 03, 03:57:00 pm GMT-5  

  • Prince Charles looks a lot like Bush 43. You could morph it in about 3 steps.

    Wills has the blessing of looking more Spencerian than Mountbattendownthehatches. He could wear a burlap bag and look great. I'm not at all partial to facial hair, probably because the Army men don't wear it these days. Facial hair is for Navy types. And I don't swing that way.

    By Blogger Ruth Anne Adams, at Sun Jan 04, 10:20:00 am GMT-5  

  • Prince Charles looks a lot like Bush 43. You could morph it in about 3 steps.

    I can totally see that.

    However, Charles has that Mountbattendownthehatches horsiness to the face, whereas Bush is pure Pierce/monkey bone structure.

    Wills has the blessing of looking more Spencerian than Mountbattendownthehatches. He could wear a burlap bag and look great.

    I agree. Further, when people say that Harry is turning out finer than his brother, I flinch in horror.

    Maybe true on one level (he's younger, and has more hair), but William is aristocratic in his mien. His brother is utterly common.

    I'm not at all partial to facial hair, probably because the Army men don't wear it these days. Facial hair is for Navy types. And I don't swing that way.

    Heh. I always knew you didn't swing that way.

    Cheers,
    Victoria

    By Blogger vbspurs, at Sun Jan 04, 04:42:00 pm GMT-5  

Post a Comment

Who linked Here:

Create a Link

<< Home


 




Advertise on blogs
British Expat Blog Directory.