.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sundries
...a sweatshop of moxie

Friday, January 02, 2009

Confessions Of A Shop-A-Holic

So I may not smoke, but I more than make up for it by shopping. Namely, I love watches and handbags. I think I have all of 6 pairs of shoes, not including trainers, but I simply cannot live without a hundred-fold of the others.

This is my latest quest for the New Year. The "Versace Logo Plate Shopper".

You like?



Before I scare tell you the price, here is what it offers in the way of quality:

* Flap with magnetic closure.
* Braided double handles.
* Signature 'Greek Key' pattern.
* Dimensions: 15"W x 12 1/4"H x 6"D.
* Calf leather.
* Made in Italy.

Make a mental calculation of what you would be willing to pay for this bag, and now click here for the price.

Deal, or no deal?

Incidentally, I've been thinking about Obama's new administration nickname, and I think that's what he should call it.

And speaking of successful brothers whose style I admire, here is Samuel L. Jackson in the Miller bomb, "The Spirit".

I want everything from the eight-shooter, to the raccoon makeup and pelts.



IN THE COMMENTS: Chickenlittle perceives a Pompeiian pattern to the bag. Good eye!



Ron tugs at my heartstrings, saying that he eats the cost of this hangbag in food per year.

And JSU mentions Martha Stewart's media oops when she entered the Courthouse wearing that enormous Birkin bag -- a bag that was actually my Holy Grail for many years.

Now it's the Hermès HAC (Haut à Courrois), which was the original Birkin bag. It was deemed too uhh, large, for most women at 50 cm, which you can spy here: Katie Holmes toting hers. Please note that Katie is about 10 feet tall, so if it makes her look stupid, God only knows how I will look wearing it.

Labels: , ,

13 Comments:

  • This is my latest quest for the New Year. The "Versace Logo Plate Shopper".

    You like?


    Hmmm. I've seen that line pattern somewhere... I know I have. I've seen it ..somewhere..let me take wild guess. Is it Pompeii(n) somehow? The avocado is cool though.

    By Blogger chickenlittle, at Fri Jan 02, 04:30:00 am GMT-5  

  • That's about what I spend on food in a year...

    By Blogger Ron, at Fri Jan 02, 08:25:00 am GMT-5  

  • Still not expensive enough to land Martha Stewart in prison...

    By Blogger JSU, at Fri Jan 02, 11:49:00 am GMT-5  

  • Re: Pompeiian.

    Hmm, good eye! I know what you mean (I went there as a kid), but all I could find was this.

    When I learnt Latin, the Cambridge reader they gave us was a series about a family who lived in the days leading up to Pompeii's eruption. That's so typically British -- whimsily macabre. :)

    I love avocado. It goes well with my skin tone.

    Cheers,
    Victoria

    By Blogger vbspurs, at Fri Jan 02, 02:24:00 pm GMT-5  

  • Aww, man, Ron. Way to make me feel bad (because it's all about me man!!).

    One of my favourite quotes goes a little something like this:

    Give me life's luxuries, and I won't need its necessities

    Cheers,
    Victoria

    By Blogger vbspurs, at Fri Jan 02, 02:26:00 pm GMT-5  

  • Still not expensive enough to land Martha Stewart in prison...

    Dude, the Birkin is my Shangri-la. Unattainable, mistily distant, and yet I can see me there one day.

    Actually, my mother had one but sold it in the heady, cash-rich 90s. I was able to see that it was not a handbag anyone under 30 could wear, and not look ridiculous.

    Well, I'm over 30 now, but I have a new Holy Grail.

    The Hermès HAC.

    Check it out in the update! ;)

    Cheers,
    Victoria

    By Blogger vbspurs, at Fri Jan 02, 02:33:00 pm GMT-5  

  • That bag is cheaper than the .45 I want...

    Victoria - did you ever get a Glock like you had mentioned over on the blog you don't visit anymore?

    By Blogger al, at Fri Jan 02, 02:40:00 pm GMT-5  

  • Victoria - did you ever get a Glock like you had mentioned over on the blog you don't visit anymore?

    Hey Al! I don't recall you by ID, but welcome and thanks for dropping by. :)

    Strangely enough, I only just mentioned the Glock to a poster here, as having had been suggested by Sgt. and Roger J. I have early New Year plans to get it, but I don't know which.

    There is a firing range north of me in Broward, which allows you to try out guns before buying them.

    That's a great idea, don't you think?

    I will keep the readers informed, believe me, once I have actually bought it. :)

    Cheers,
    Victoria

    By Blogger vbspurs, at Fri Jan 02, 02:47:00 pm GMT-5  

  • Yikes, sorry Vic! No guilt induction intended...but I should've known, eh?

    nothin' but love over here!

    By Blogger Ron, at Fri Jan 02, 03:04:00 pm GMT-5  

  • Re: Pompeiian.

    I went searching for images and found this. I swear, I did not find this photo until tonight.
    I am convinced that much in timeless, beautiful design can be found there in some form. It actually makes a lot of sense, given what Pompeii preserves.

    word verification: poloatte

    By Blogger chickenlittle, at Fri Jan 02, 10:42:00 pm GMT-5  

  • Victoria,

    Unique, hand-made, original bags can be found at http://hannah-rose.com... Shameless self promotion.

    By Blogger kimsch, at Fri Jan 02, 11:31:00 pm GMT-5  

  • Hey Kimsch! Thanks for the tip -- always looking for interesting handbags to add to my collection.

    Though the site wouldn't load the photo close-ups, I like the burgundy with bamboo handles. :)

    They're all a little summery, so I'll keep the site in mind then!

    Cheers,
    Victoria

    By Blogger vbspurs, at Sat Jan 03, 11:59:00 am GMT-5  

  • Hey Al! I don't recall you by ID, but welcome and thanks for dropping by. :)

    I'm more of a lurker than a commenter so that's not surprising.

    Try as many guns as you can before buying. Be sure to include a CZ75 if you can. My son shoots that way better than a Glock.

    By Blogger al, at Sat Jan 03, 07:17:00 pm GMT-5  

Post a Comment

Who linked Here:

Create a Link

<< Home


 




Advertise on blogs
British Expat Blog Directory.